Posted by JohnMcC
Trigon

Multiple Windows desktops

I use multiple desktops to organize what I do on my Windows 10 computer. I run a browser in desktop #1, Word in desktop #2, Skype in desktop #3 and so on. To switch between desktops I use CTL + Windows + left/right cursor. I run Teamviewer sessions in desktop #5. Frequently I am typing something into a field on a remote computer that I am accessing via TeamViewer and instead of a character appearing some function (such as opening the settings app) is activated on the local computer. In order to get out of this mode I have to move the TeamViewer session into another desktop (say #4). This works for a while and then this weird problem happens again and I need to move the session to another desktop to get things to work normally again. Does anyone else experience this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Posted by JohnMcC
Trigon
Solution

Re: Multiple Windows desktops

Well I haven't noticed this problem for a while so I guess they fixed it. Would have been nice to let me know - maybe even give me a thank you (or a complimentary subscription so that I don't have to keep fighting "commercial use suspected").

8 Replies
Posted by mLipok
Heptagon

I can confirm that I have the same issue.
But this is not related to the fact that you are using multiple desktops.

I'm not using them (multiple desktops) but I had the same problem.

It has a very high frequency of repetition, and it is very annoying.
This problem occurred on a TV 11 and now TV12 
(I do not remember whether the earlier)

Regards,
mLipok , AutoIt MVP

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button.

Posted by JohnMcC
Trigon

Glad to hear I'm not the only one with this problem! I just had it happen again so recorded the session and sent it off to TeamViewer support. Hopefully they can get to the bottom of it. On this occasion the remote computer was running Windows XP (however I'm pretty sure it happens when I remote into a Windows 10 machine also). Do you by any chance remote to a Windows XP system and experience the problem? How do you get around the problem when it occurs?

Posted by TeamViewer Staff
TeamViewer Staff

@JohnMcC Thank you for your post here.

We have cross referenced your post with the question form the Eduardo session. 

We are interisted in looking into your issue further. 

Please look for your a response from the ticket in your email. 

Once we have more information we would appreciate it if you could post it here so that others can share in the fix.

Best regards,

Aaron Boshers
Support Engineer

If my reply answered your question, help out other users and click the Accept as a Solution button below.
You can also say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button! Thanks for being an active member of our Community!
Highlighted
Posted by JohnMcC
Trigon

Thanks. I sent you an email Monday with some more information on this issue. I was in a TV session on the weekend (from Windows 10 to Windows XP). I typed the letter "g" into a text field. Instead of the "g" appearing I got a message on the local computer asking me if I wanted to open the Game Bar. I later learned that this function is inititated by typing "WIN + g". Similarly if I type an "i" the Settings app is initiated ("WIN + i"). So whatever I type is being redirected to the local computer with the WIN key added. However there does seem to be a workaround. If the issue occurs and I then type "WIN + g" on the local computer the Game Bar appears but the redirection goes away and subsequent typed characters go to the remote computer.

4 Replies
Posted by JedenTag
Trigon

I have had similar issues. They were caused by a faulty keyboard connected to the remote computer. Stuck Ctrl key, stuck arrow key, etc. Selecting "Disable Remote Input" was enough to pin-point our problem.

EDIT: I misread your post. I didn't see you were having the pop-up on your local computer.

Posted by ckuperstein
Henagon

I also have this issue

Dell XPS 15

TB 16 Thunderbolt 3 Dock

2 1080p Monitors

Windows 10 Pro

I switch using Ctrl+Win+Arrow Key and when I try to type things into a remote session it only affects my local machine. 

Also, I noticed that when switching desktops, If I have teamviewer windows on Desktop 1 for example, the Teamviewer "Widget" arrows tab that usually appears near the top right of the window (next to the minimize and maximize button) only appears on Desktop 2.

Screenshot:

http://imgur.com/a/nLrgO

When trying to work with remote sessions, the keyboard input fails as described above.

I also noticed that after a while, and moving remote sessions and the TV application back and forth between desktops, the windows start menu was not accessible. I had to right click the start menu icon and sign off/sign in completely to clear and fix the glitches left behind by teamviewer.

Post with 28 views.
Posted by JohnMcC
Trigon

This is the response I got after submitting a video of how I can reproduce the problem at will: 

Dear John,

Thank you for your message.

Unfortunately, we can currently not offer a solution for the problem you described. I have forwarded your problem to our test department - we do of course work on reproducing the error and then fix it by our development department to ensure that the problem is corrected in a future release.

If you have any further questions about TeamViewer, please feel free to contact us again.

Best regards,

Aaron Boshers
Support Engineer

I guess they don't regard it a serious problem since most people do not use the Windows 10 multiple desktop feature. It's really annoying for me. but at least I know how to return my system to normal when it happens. Maybe a few more people will see this thread and complain. That might get the ball rolling - especially if they are paying customers!

Posted by JohnMcC
Trigon
Solution

Well I haven't noticed this problem for a while so I guess they fixed it. Would have been nice to let me know - maybe even give me a thank you (or a complimentary subscription so that I don't have to keep fighting "commercial use suspected").