My TeamViewer (version 12.0.72365) is not starting with Windows 10

Sabah
Sabah Posts: 5 ✭✭

My TeamViewer (version 12.0.72365) is not starting with Windows 10

Best Answer

Answers

• pzzoz
    pzzoz Posts: 26 ✭✭

Make sure you have an option called Run when Windows starts (or similiar) checked in main program options. It is almost on the top of window with basic confuguration after you open it from the taskbar.

• Sabah

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

When I start Teamviewe manually, the 'Start TeamViewer with Windows' option on the front screen is already ticked; but I think this might be for unattended access.  The Task Manager shows "TeamViewer 12 and TeamViewer 12 (32bit)" are both running.   I'm not sure why 32-bit;  I can only assume that the 64-bit TeamViewer does not exist at the moment. 

I can't find another option within TeamViewer to force it to start with windows.  Am I missing something?

• pzzoz
    pzzoz Posts: 26 ✭✭

Have you configured the unattented access? When it is done, TeamViewer always runs with operating system bootup. Try this tip.

• NOT WORKING

I do have the setting selected (and did it on install) and windows pc rebooted during the night and TV did NOT start.  

not good 

there has to be a fix for this

• Sabah

I had the same problem which is now fixed.

You will need to re-install Teamviewer making sure you select "unattended access" during the installation.  It should then start with windows as expected.

• sorry not working

YES the installation was done with the start with windows.  something else is wrong.  the latest version of win 10 1709 may have broken this

TV please look into this

• Sabah

Hi

Have you selected the "Installation to access this computer remotely (unattended)" during the installation?  This is the second option down (not the Basic Installation).  You still need to tick the box "Start TeamViewer with Windows" on the front window.

As far as I know, the 64bit version of TeamViewer does not exist at the moment.

• YES if you READ my original post you will see that I wrote that I did!  

The service is NOT starting with windows.  I have to start it manually.  I changed it to delay start to see if that wil help 

but its very annoying

Windows 10 has been around for a number of years.. this should be working! 

• I agree with southerngal. I have used TV for some years and always set it to start with Windows and unattended access etc. It is not much use unless you do this. One PC has a tendency to start without TV, despite this setting, and a recent update to Windows 10 seems to have triggered it again. I can't access a remote PC and it will have to wait for 2 weeks before I can reset this.

Please fix.

• THIS IS STILL NOT WORKING. 

TV13 has not made any difference.  

WIN10 reboots and SERVICE for TV DOES NOT START 

YOU HAVE GOT TO FIX THIS 

• Tried everything mentioned here, still does not start with Windows. No response from TV.
  • Been running v 13.2.14327 for a while now without this problem.

• ekrueger
    ekrueger Posts: 1

• If this problem should recur, there is now a utility which you can install on a Windows PC, which allows you to restart it (and carry out various other tasks) without being logged in. See Assistant Computer Control .

Marmite