Need to delete hundreds of offline contacts

Options

I need to delete hundreds of offline contacts to make room for assigning my three PC's to the same account.

I have tried for months to do this and cannot delete those without removing each one by hand.

This is the latest that tech support sent me but nothing shows up in Connection Reports: https://pastebin.com/8ngqsMaq

Please someone help me figure this out until it actually works. Thanks!!

a5091e36e9126be261e782e352628163

8b2081ea80dc7d96517e83bdb28358ff

5fde71b6c02febf19c1fadc8bca98570

Comments

• Empathy
    Empathy Posts: 5
    Options

bump

• Empathy
    Options
    Bump. I could really use someone who knows telling me if this can even be done. Sorry to keep bumping but I don't know what else to do to find out. I spent a lot of time on google and mailed support and so far got nothing that works.
  • Empathy
    Options
    bump...
  • Scotty
    Scotty Posts: 493 Staff member 🤠
    Options

Hi @Empathy

There is currently no way to bulk delete, however this is currently in as a feature request.
    However the workarounds I have used before are below.

-WITHOUT SCRIPTS-

1. Create a new account
    2. share a group from the newly created account with "full control" (this will be your "trash" group)
    3. log into the original account and move the devices you want to delete into this group
    4. now log in to the new account and delete the account.

-USING THE API-
    One of our supporters has created a script for this Here

I am sorry there is not a more direct method yet.

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
  • Empathy
    Options

Thank you for finally answering this. I will try option 1. It's unfortunate that it comes to making a new account to accomplish this but I read a few things about why this type of action is higly sensitive (security) and I am sympathetic that it's at least difficult to sort it out in a way in which it's done right. I still think it's long overdue. 

That said, I did try the second option and there is A LOT not mentioned/detailed in those steps. Even running the script isn't explained but I figured out what to do with the final file at the end. But I was never able to work out what needs to happen in the account to get the script to work right. If there are groups it won't work for, if there are settings that need to be specifically selected, or other components to be installed on the account for it to work, then those should be detailed. I spent hours trying to get that script to run, only to find no other details/carification, to get one response in email for what won't work and what else to do that still left a ton of information out, and to spend more time posting for help in the community and waiting for answers. 

I am sure I'm not the only person who wants to do this and executing that script to where it actually works is inadequately documented. Please clarify what's there and add the steps that are needed. And add the first option to that thread in case people don't want to go that route after seeing what's involved.

Thank you.

• Scotty
    Scotty Posts: 493 Staff member 🤠
    Options

Hi @Empathy

It has not been introduced because of the potential for greifing by staff members leaving and because once deleted, they cannot be recovered.

This is also a question that has been asked before and is an existing thread.

In regards to the knowledgebase article, it is an example script.
    I gave it as an answer to your question, but it is actually just showing off the power of the API and assumes knowledge of our API for which we have other KB articles for.

If you have a license, we also have supporters that can give you a run through and assist with scripts required, otherwise the first option is normaly the one I give.

All the best,
    -Scotty

Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?