New installations is not added to management Console

Options
olefisk
olefisk Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited May 2023 in General questions

Teamviewer 14

New clients are installed via MSI-package, Registry-file and  the Command:

TeamViewer_Host.msi" CUSTOMCONFIGID=xxxxxxxx IMPORTREGFILE=1 ALLUSERS=1 REBOOT=ReallySuppress /L*v %LocalPackageDir%\setup.log

In the Management-Console the Value for "Automatically Add Computer to Group" is set.

But the Clients don not show up in the management-Console.

Did work fine in Teamviewer 12, but can't get it to work with the changes made in Teamviewer 14

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• olefisk
    olefisk Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Hi Jean

Thanks for the detailed information.

Sorry for the late reply, but I did have to do a lot of Testing.

I'm using the Application "EasyInstall" for deploying Teamviewer, and It seems that it causes some Issues using "Assignmentoptions", so I ended up with the following parameters which works:

msiexec.exe /i "path\TeamViewer_Host.msi" /qn IMPORTREGFILE=1 CUSTOMCONFIGID=<YOURCONFIGID> APITOKEN=<YOURAPITOKEN> 

In the Teamivewer management-Console it is configured that new clients are places in a specific Group.

Best regards

Ole Fisker

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,987 Community Manager 🌍
    Options

Hello @olefisk

No worries - I totally understand. ?

It is great to hear that you have now found the correct line to deploy your TeamViewer clients.

It is also interesting that the ASSIGNMENTSOPTIONS can cause problems with some deployment apps - we will forward this internally.

We wish you a good rest of the week and hope to see you soon again on the Community.

Cheers,

Jean

Community Manager