Posted by olefisk
Henagon

New installations is not added to management Console

Teamviewer 14

New clients are installed via MSI-package, Registry-file and  the Command:

TeamViewer_Host.msi" CUSTOMCONFIGID=xxxxxxxx IMPORTREGFILE=1 ALLUSERS=1 REBOOT=ReallySuppress /L*v %LocalPackageDir%\setup.log

In the Management-Console the Value for "Automatically Add Computer to Group" is set.

But the Clients don not show up in the management-Console.

Did work fine in Teamviewer 12, but can't get it to work with the changes made in Teamviewer 14

1 Reply
Highlighted
Posted by Moderator Moderator

Re: New installations is not added to management Console

Hello @olefisk,

Thank you for your message.

Make sure to put also the API TOKEN of your custom modules in your command line, so the assignment works correctly.

If you are doing a classic silent deployment, your command line should look like this:

msiexec.exe /i "path\TeamViewer_Host.msi" /qn IMPORTREGFILE=1 CUSTOMCONFIGID=<YOURCONFIGID> APITOKEN=<YOURAPITOKEN> ASSIGNMENTOPTIONS="--reassign --alias %ComputerName%"

If you want to deploy your devices to a specific group, you can also add the group ID:

msiexec.exe /i "path\TeamViewer_Host.msi" /qn IMPORTREGFILE=1 CUSTOMCONFIGID=<YOURCONFIGID> APITOKEN=<YOURAPITOKEN> ASSIGNMENTOPTIONS="--reassign --alias %ComputerName% --group-id g123456789"

You can find the group-id when logging into the Management Console, clicking on the group and checking the URL. At the end of the URL, you will find "g/123456789".

Note: Please remove the "/" in order to get your group-id.

I hope this could help. If not, do not hesitate to ask your questions here.

Cheers,

Jean

French Community Moderator
Did my reply answer your question ? Accept it as a solution to help others.
Find this helpful ? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button.