Posted by MDC
Henagon

Re: No sound from remote computer, worked previously

My partner computer began having sound this afternoon.  Hope it stays fixed!

Posted by playab0yyy
Digon

Still not working for me, and no updates provided by TV. Did your partner do anything, adjust any settings, or anything at all to get it working, or did he just open it and it worked?

Posted by NYCNative
Trigon

Until I hear about an actual update that addresses this issue, I'll stick with the old version of the program. Since the last email I got back from support involved someone chastizing me for my terrible language when I used the word "sucks"   :manfrustrated: I am not holding my breath.

Posted by PhantomF
Trigon

I did get an update to TV on my devices yesterday, 12.0.78716, but sound is still not working.  Like seriously?

Posted by Apple
Digon

Seems like this is still an issue using LAN connections. Still no sounds :[

Posted by MDC
Henagon

No.  There was no updating to either my computer or partner's either.  Just mysteriously began working and is still working as of today.  I do have to turn up the volume on my computer to hear it well, but the sound is there, both as produced by Quick Books software as well as just playing an MP3 test file using Groove.

Posted by MDC
Henagon

Perhaps still a problem with using on a LAN.  My case was internet connected.

Posted by simon04
Henagon

Can you check what version your client and local machine are running? What about Windows versions? What is your sound source set to in audio settings? Weird that it just mysteriously started working for you when everyone else is having no luck!

Posted by MK9910
Electron

Re: No Audio from Remote Computer

Any fixes yet? Last week my sound was fine. This week 6/26/2017 when using my host computer to log into my remote computer,  the sound on my host comptuer diminishes to almost no sound at all. 

Posted by Glassdub
Pentagon

Internet & LAN both don't work for me under Windows 7.

Posted by pikisha444
Photon

Same here, 10 to 10. Works from 10 to 7...hope someone hears something soon. Following post!

Posted by playab0yyy
Digon

It's too late for "something soon". This is ridiculous.

Posted by Andes3000
Photon

Hi.

I too had no sound even after upgrading to the latest 12.0.7816. But I was able to get sound back by going in the options. Go to Audio conferencing. Slide the Voice playback volume to max. To get the max volumes, you have to do this on BOTH SIDES (your computer and on your hosts computer). I got my sound working great now.

Hope this helps...

Posted by Glassdub
Pentagon

It doesn't this has been posted more than once.

Posted by ResidentSoap
Digon

Still not working a month later.

Posted by Glassdub
Pentagon

To add Bluetooth audio is **bleep** up/partially muted locally when a network connection is open, it just keeps getting worse... :-/

Posted by LA
Trigon

It is genuinely shocking / annoying that there hasn't been a fix for this almost 5 weeks later. Hopefully it means they're spending more time testing the next version. 

Posted by Mustangcp
Henagon

teamview2.jpg

Hey has anyone done this? when I click on where you see the cursor (in pic) on mute I uncheck it and I hear sound while trying to run say a you tube video or something but then without touching it checks itself again sometimes and sound goes away?? or sometimes it just goes out and I recheck it then uncheck it and sound returns anybody else tried this?

Posted by Glassdub
Pentagon

I've ticked & unticked every box I should (& shouldn't i.e. the mic, I don't use them) to rig this to work a 100 times & nada.

Posted by thinkcustom
Electron

I don't get it. Why hasn't TeamViewer addressed this issues. I've tryed multiple computers and on brand new systems. Still no audio.

Posted by PhantomF
Trigon

Bump!

This is really baffling why this issue hasnt been addressed yet after 2 months

Posted by LA
Trigon

We've started looking at alternatives. Really poor support on this.

Posted by LA
Trigon

New version has just been released, downloading now. Fingers crossed they've fixed it.

Highlighted
Posted by LA
Trigon

It's working again. Version 12.0.80984. 

I just updated my local client, haven't tried yet with both updated. TBH I'm loathe to update the remote now in case it breaks it...

2 Replies
Posted by PhantomF
Trigon

I can't believe it but remote sound is working for me after todays update

Posted by LA
Trigon

Now just have 100+ machines to update!

Posted by TeamViewer Staff
TeamViewer Staff
Solution

Hi all,

Looks like you were faster than me ;)

We published a new version with a fix - please install the new version and post your feedback here.

Thanks

Julia
Senior Support Engineer - 2nd level Support
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button.

View solution in original post

Posted by MDC
Henagon

My trouble with this went away several weeks ago, but clearly some users still have had difficulty.  I have noticed I need to increase the volume on my monitor to hear the sounds, but that may be normal.  At least it has been no inconvenience.

Posted by NYCNative
Trigon

Our national nightmare is over, it finally works!

Posted by taipachi
Electron

This worked for me. Specifically, changing the Client's Voice Playback to "Standard playback device."

Posted by steelehouse
Henagon

I too am having this problem. I am running the most up-to-date version on both computers(macbook pro and mac pro). I also have the computer sounds box checked. Any fix for this yet?

Posted by alippiatt
Henagon

Version:1.0 StartHTML:000000254 EndHTML:000003162 StartFragment:000001998 EndFragment:000003130 StartSelection:000001998 EndSelection:000003130 SourceURL:https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/TeamViewer_12/message-id/7243

This worked for me in TeamViewer 12 on Windows 10. OpenTeamViewer, click Extras, then Options. Click Audio Conferencing. The setting you may need to change is under Voice Playback-->Speakers. By default, mine was selected to Default Communication Device on both the remote and local computers. You need to change this to the appropriate setting on both computers. For example, I left the remote computer's setting alone (which was set to "Default Communication Device" and changed my local computer's setting to "Speakers / Headphones (Realtek High Definition Audio). Of course, you'll need to unmute and set appropriate volume on both the local and remote computer. Also, this assumes you know to check the "play computer sounds and music" box.

The reason it didn't work by default was that my Default Communication Device set in the Sound properties of the Windows 10 Control Panel was set to a computer monitor that didn't have speakers connected to it.

Hope this helps others.

Posted by Mike_Marston
Photon

Sound stopped working for me with iOS 11.0.2. Updated TeamViewer to 12.3.81014 CL but did not solve the problem.

I note that iOS 11 also appears unable to play raw audio streams in mp3 and m4a format, where iOS 10.3.x was able to play these streams in Safari or Chrome.

This appears to be a new problem relating to iOS 11, but perhaps you can offer some insight. Thanks in advance!

Posted by JJN00711
Henagon

I have the same issue on systems running the latest Windows 10 64-bit OS. I access several laptops and desktops, all have the issue.

When playing wiht it again further yesterday, the audio worked for a few second until I dropped the control panel down from the top of the screen. As soon as I opened it the audio stopped, nothing was changed or selected just simply opening it.

The checkbox  Communicate/Computer Sounds was (and is) selected. This is true on over 4 systems regaurdless of hosting or client side.

This makes the connection not functional, if we relied on this for critical operations we'd be in big trouble. I hope a fix can be found and pushed to the installs in the wild.

Thanks,
:manfrustrated:

Posted by paradoxum
Photon

Same issue chromebook to windows 10.. tried every solution from the forum nothing works.

Posted by mbahr
Henagon

I am also having this issue connecting Windows 10 and (I believe) Windows 8 desktops using TV 13.0.6447.  I have the remote Windows 8 desktop set up to log in automatically and keep TV running so I can connect at any time.

In my case, his sound works fine while we are connected, but does NOT work when we are not connected (while TV is looking for a connection).  Very odd.

I am using a free account to help my 81 year old father manage his computer.  He is annoyed that he no longer has sound!

Any suggestions?

-MIke

Posted by MDC
Henagon

This issue has been resolved for me for several months now.  I think it was the Summer of 2017 when it went away and has not returned.  Audio from partner computer has been working fine although sometimes I have to turn up the volume on my monitor to hear it well.

Posted by mbahr
Henagon

Great news for you, MDC.

Unfortunately my issue issues remains a problem.  

Are you using the current version and doind win to win connection?  IF so, perhaps you could share your settings?

-MIke

Posted by MDC
Henagon

Working ok for me.  Both are Windows 10 PCs  Both are TV 13.0.6447 and setting seem straightforward.  Computer Sound is checked.

Posted by Wodd
Digon

I have version 13.0.6447 of TeamViewer installed on 2 of my computers, a tablet PC and a desktop. Both have Windows 10 installed. But, when I connect from the desktop to the tablet PC, the audio from the tablet PC does not output to the speakers on the desktop. When I connect from the tablet PC to the desktop, some of the audio is output to the speakers connected to the tablet PC. Specifically, I have audio playing in this application and a satellite radio connected to the line-in jack on the desktop computer. The audio from the radio is output to the speakers connected to the tablet PC; but, the audio from OpenMPT is not output through the speakers. But, when connected to the tablet PC from the desktop, no audio comes through. This was evidenced by the presence of TeamViewer in Windows' volume mixer on the tablet PC when it is connected to the desktop, but the absence of TeamViewer in Windows' volume mixer on the desktop when it was connected to the tablet PC.

Computer Sound Checkbox - Desktop Connected to Tablet PC.PNGComputer sound checkbox: desktop connected to tablet PCComputer Sound Checkbox - Tablet PC Connected to Desktop.PNGComputer sound checkbox: tablet PC connected to desktopPlay Computer Sounds and Music Chexbox - Desktop.PNGPlay computer sounds and music checkbox: desktopPlay Computer Sounds and Music Chexbox - Tablet PC.PNGPlay computer sounds and music checkbox: tablet PCVoice Settings - Desktop.PNGVoice settings: desktopVoice Settings - Tablet PC.PNGVoice settings: tablet PC

Posted by Bernhard1701
Henagon

Thanks Andres3000 hint I got it to work (v 13.0.6447) in both win 10 PC's

"Go to Audio conferencing. Slide the Voice playback volume to max. To get the max volumes, you have to do this on BOTH SIDES "

Posted by waymo2001
Electron

Thank you...  But...  On my Teamviewer display this Window is grayed out and you can't click into the box to place a check mark there.

Wayne in Denver

Posted by briguy
Electron

Came here to fix audio problem. This suggestion worked. (Windows 10, Teamviewer v13.1.3629 on both PCs)
Posted by Tonygts
Henagon

I am connecting from an Android Teamviewer to a PC's Windows 10 Teamviewer. 
My Windows 10 Teamviewer version is the latest 14.0.13880 
My Android Teamviewer version is 14.0.68CL

The sound for the connection using Teamviewer ID (Internet) is working without problem.

Have anyone tried using IP (Intranet) connection and sucessuflly  received sound from remote pc ?  I can't receive any sound with Intranet connection! Appreciate any help.

Posted by mediasn
Electron

Would you please to send me the copy of Team Viewer 11 (the old one) ? Thanks before
Hockey [edited by a moderator]

Posted by rocoltd
Henagon

Version 14.3.4730, still no sound from remote computer.  E-mail address is [please do not post your personal information for your safety.]