Posted by babba
Neutron

Non Profit Association Usage free of charge

Hello,

we - a Non Profit Association in Germany - used until now TeamViewer for accessing our PC in the server room from outside the building - this worked well until now.

Since a few days we get a message that TeamViewer believes we use it in a commerciel environment - which is not true - and limits the usage to only a few minutes.

We already contacted the TeamViewer sales team in order to find a solution - but all they did was sending us an offer for a yearly licence with a small rebate.
Unfortunately we can't afford it  and we are wondering what to do in order to continue to use TeamViewer as a Non Profit Association (no commercial usage) free of charge.

Thanks for any usefull hint.

best regards Dieter

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Posted by Senior Moderator Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Solution

Re: Non Profit Association Usage free of charge

Hello @babba 

Thank you for your post.

Please know that use of TeamViewer in any commercial/company environment, including a non-profit, requires a license. 

More information on what constitutes Personal Use can be found here.

Josh P.
Senior Moderator

If my reply answered your question, help out other users and click the Accept as a Solution  button below.

You can also say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button!

Thanks for being an active member of our Community!

Japanese Community (日本語コミュニティ) |  Chinese Community (中文社区) |  German Community (Deutschsprachig) | French Community (Communauté française) | English Community | Spanish Community (Comunidad española)

3 Replies
Posted by Pablotwa
Henagon

I'm an amateur astronomer and had the same problem...shame..
Posted by Jwprice
Photon

This happened to me as well.. I've been helping my parents and relatives with keeping their pc updated, as well as teaching them how to use it remotely for years with team viewer. Just now I got this same email. Guess it's time to give one of those other apps a try that are cheaper. If they wanted 50-70 for the year for a non-commercial user, I'd pay it. 

Highlighted
Posted by Senior Moderator Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Solution

Hello @babba 

Thank you for your post.

Please know that use of TeamViewer in any commercial/company environment, including a non-profit, requires a license. 

More information on what constitutes Personal Use can be found here.

Josh P.
Senior Moderator

If my reply answered your question, help out other users and click the Accept as a Solution  button below.

You can also say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button!

Thanks for being an active member of our Community!

Japanese Community (日本語コミュニティ) |  Chinese Community (中文社区) |  German Community (Deutschsprachig) | French Community (Communauté française) | English Community | Spanish Community (Comunidad española)