Not detecting multi monitors

I just installed TeamViewer on a new Dell Optiplex 7040 PC with dual monitors and when I connect to it TeamViewer is only detecting/displaying one monitor. There is no button to switch to the other monitor like on other dual monitor PCs that I've used in the past. All of my running apps are consolidated on the single TeamViewer "monitor" regardless of which of the real monitors they were originally located on.

While connected through TeamViewer, when I look at the remote PC's display properties, it only shows a single "Generic Non-PnP Monitor" instead of the two Dell Monitors that normally appear when I'm not connecting through TeamViewer.

I suspect that the root cause of the issue is not TeamViewer, but rather the remote PC is somehow "detecting" a remote connection and only presenting a single virtual monitor to TeamViewer (similar to how native Windows Remote Desktop Connections work with dual monitors), so TeamViewer only "sees" a single monitor. But I have no idea how to fix this. Any ideas or suggestions?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Apparently the issue is resolved after rebooting the remote PC. Weird. 

• Ok, so my issue has mysteriously returned. :smileymad: After multiple subsequent reboots the issue persists. Hmm... any ideas on how to get to the bottom of this?

• e2kman
    e2kman Posts: 2

I just started having this problem today.  I have always seen the 'dual monitors' icon next to the minimize button.  It has now disappeared.  I checked the remote computer since it is in my office and both monitors are on and when checking the windows 10 display settings, they both show set up as extended monitors.  But as I mentioned it was working up until yesterday.  I am running the new TeamViewer interface with the current updates.  Any suggestions?

• OCalleja
    OCalleja Posts: 2

I just encountered the same problem. The menu bar does nor show Monitors or Monitor switching button.

It was there yesterday and gone today. Tried rebooting but it did not work.

need help.

• Any idea to solve this problem?

I have also two monitors with Displayport Connection...

There is always one Monitor showing...

• e2kman
    e2kman Posts: 2

I cannot remember how I resolved this. I think I started changing the windows 10 settings related to the number and order of my monitors. Did the normal windows restart a few times and eventually it started working again. But I am not sure of the order of events or exactly what seemed to fix it. Sorry for such a terrible answer.

• Here is how to Setup And Configure Multiple Monitors On Windows 10

1- Right click on an empty space in your Windows Desktop(From the monitor that you want as your primary monitor). From the context menu that appears, find and click on the option named Display settings.

2- The Settings window will open up. Click on the link that says Identity to display numbers on the corresponding screens. You will be able to find a drop down menu by the name Multiple Displays. It will have the options Duplicate these displays, Extend these displays, Show only on 1 and Show only on 2. The one you need to select is Extend these displays. Since you want this particular monitor to be set as your primary monitor, you can check the checkbox corresponding to the option Make this my main display.

3- Now if you want to change the orientation of your screen, you can make use of the drop down menu associated with the Orientation option.

4- Also, if you want to Change the size of text, apps and other items, Once you are all done, hit the Apply button for your changes to take over. You can set the settings for the other monitors as well, following the same way.

Source:- https://merabheja.com/multiple-monitors-on-windows-10/

• For the connection multi-monitors, I follow these threads here you visit: https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Multi-Monitor-Support-for-Windows/ta-p/28069 and take care of this "Hint: TeamViewer can only capture what the remote device has attached to it. For example, if the remote screen only has one monitor we cannot generate additional monitors. We provide you the physical state of the remote device. "

[Link was removed due to Community Guidelines]