Not receiving password reset emails

I have been signed out of my home PC but my work PC is still logged in and I try to reset the password and I do not receive the reset email. I have tried this multiple times over a few weeks and nothing. My email works fine and have tested it.

I attempt to log in to the website from my work PC which auto logs in and it says it hasn't seen my browser before and trys to send another email.

What gives?

Best Answer

• Valeria2
    Valeria2 Posts: 494 Moderator
    edited March 21 Answer ✓

Hi all

Welcome to our community, we´re happy to have you here!!

We are so sorry for the inconvenience.

The reception of reset password emails may have some delays. We advise you to double-check the spam and junk folder.

You also may consider adding the TeamViewer domain to your email server-allowed list like this: *.teamviewer.com

Please give it another try and let us know if you still not receiving the reset password email!

Best,

Valeria

Spanish Community Moderator

Moderadora de la Comunidad en Español

Answers

• Has anyone at TeamViewer tried to trouble shoot your issue as of yet?

• AndreLeBlanc
    AndreLeBlanc Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited March 2022

I too am having this problem. I don't see how to engage TV support since their home page for support says they only help licensed users. So do I just have to scrap that account entirely and create a new one? Kinda **bleep** because I'm still logged in and functional with the account on one computer, but on my other computer, I can't login to either the local client nor web portal.

• Kristi73
    Kristi73 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited May 2023

All I'm trying to do it receive my password reset email.  I don't know my password and I just want to reset it.  I had to create a whole new account just to post here because I couldn't even log in here with my correct email address.
    I have clicked the "I forgot my password" link and entered my email address over 10 times and still have received no email.
    I tried to create a new account using my email address, but Teamviewer says "that account already exists".

Help!

• Kristi73
    Kristi73 Posts: 2 ✭✭

All I'm trying to do it receive my password reset email.  I don't know my password and I just want to reset it.  I had to create a whole new account just to post here because I couldn't even log in here with my correct email address.
    I have clicked the "I forgot my password" link and entered my email address over 10 times and still have received no email.
    I tried to create a new account using my email address, but Teamviewer says "that account already exists".

Help!

• Are you still having this problem? I had to do the exact same thing!

• Asilem
    Asilem Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited May 2023

I can not login with my Gmail account, I tried forgot password, but dont send me any email. To do this question I have to use another email, with this email if I choose forgot password I can recive the email. Just for information, last night I recive a positive answer for my request for non commercial use, but now I can not logging.

• joliett3
    joliett3 Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited May 2023

I'm not receiving ANY trusted emails or password change emails for my previously opened Teamviewer account.  What's up?

• MelM
    MelM Posts: 2 ✭✭

After the update to v13 (personal use) I cannot log in.  Have requested multiple times for the password reset email & I never receive the email.  I have tried uninstalling & then reinstalling as well & that has not worked.  Can you pls. fix this problem so I can use the tool.

• i've been in a comparable circumstance when dealing with my article generator application so I pursued this guide..hope it makes a difference. On official ninja essays i found article about it

• niralpatel24
    niralpatel24 Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited May 2023

Good Morning,

My boss is unable to receive password reset email. I clicked on I forgot my password and check spams, all emails and hidden folders. There might be a step which I am missing but whenever teamviewer it support gets a chance, would you be able to reach out to me?

Thanks,

Niral P

• mouse99
    mouse99 Posts: 1

I know this is 3 yrs old but the solution is to try and post to the forum (or just give kudos to a comment and it will ask you to sign in) at community.teamviewer.com and enter the known email and at this point you get the 'forgotten password' box and you can take it from there. I am surprised this info is not on the main website. I had to ring support and pay for listning to a recorded message giving the info 'visit community.teamviewer.com' which is the ONLY support they provide to the free users

• CompuShark
    CompuShark Posts: 11 ✭✭

Purchased $696 Licence yesterday.

unable to log in, tried multiple times the Reset password, not getting the email. Checked spam and junk.

Tried calling, "Too busy at this time" and the system hung up on me.

HELP TEAMVIEWER !!

• DavideT
    DavideT Posts: 3 ✭✭

Hi, I need support. I can't receive the email notification for "retrieve password".

The email is **Information removed as per Community Guidelines**

I search in spam folder, quarantine filter, everything... no results.

Thanks

• chris_tvb
    chris_tvb Posts: 1 ✭✭

I can't receive reset password email after click on "Forget Password"

Please help me to fix it. Thanks (Not this account, it is another user account)

• WendyG
    WendyG Posts: 1

I am having this same problem also and really need help.

I use TeamViewer to connect remotely to my mother's computer.  She is 90 years old and lives on her own, but I cannot go into her home right now because of Covid.  So having the remote access has been critical for me to help her feel comfortable and stay connected.

We have connected many times this way, but last week she could not connect.  So, while she was on the phone, I asked her to click on Forgot Password.  She entered her username and was told she would get an email with a link to use to change her password.  The email never came.  Like other users have said, I had her check Spam, and there was nothing there.

Could TeamViewer setup a temporary password for her, and also figure out why so many people are having this issue?  It is even more important for those of us with elderly parents to be able to have remote access.  Do we have to buy a license to get the support we need?

• Sambu
    Sambu Posts: 1 ✭✭

This is not the account for which i need support. But another team viewer account having issue.

When i go on Forget Password tab, giving my Mail id, it says, the procedure to reset the password has been sent to you email.

But no mails received. I've waited for a long time but no mails.

what to do ??

• Bitonio
    Bitonio Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hello,

I'm trying to reset my password on my professional account but I don't receive any email to do so from TeamViewer.

Judging the amount of topics about this issue I'm not an isolated case, but no solutions are given. The only solution I found was TeamViewer white listing your address to receive your email.

I really need my access asap, so could you help me out please ?

Thank you.

• Rob_Needs_Help
    Rob_Needs_Help Posts: 1 ✭✭

My mother 😫 can not log into her account. I have her ID but she has tried her two email accounts that she thinks she would have used and asked for a password reset. She is not getting a password reset to either email account. is there any way to recover her email and password based on her nine digit ID?

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,973 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @Rob_Needs_Help,

Congrats on your first post!

Unfortunately, it is not possible to retrieve her e-mail based on her TeamViewer ID.

If she is not getting any password reset email, this means that there is no TeamViewer account linked to the e-mail.

The best option would be to create an account with the e-mail she wants to use.

You'll find how to proceed here: 📄 Create TeamViewer Account

/JeanK

Community Manager

• Ilikeeggs
    Ilikeeggs Posts: 1 ✭✭

I've tried for several days to reset my password without any success. I just created a new teamviewer account with an email address on the same domain and received the password reset email on that new account. Is there a way to get my account checked by support to see if it's being blocked somehow? Thanks

• Mohamedjam
    Mohamedjam Posts: 2 ✭✭

We have been trying to log in to our account, but we have forgotten our password. We followed the steps to reset our password, but we did not receive any emails from Teamviewer.

how can I solve this, I can't log in to submit a ticket.

• teresa7191
    teresa7191 Posts: 2 ✭✭

can you help me

• elam
    elam Posts: 1 ✭✭

Can't remember password. Hit "forgot my password" to request an email reset. I've done it 7 times and it hasn't sent a single email. How do I get my password reset?

• Valeria2
    Valeria2 Posts: 494 Moderator
    edited March 21 Answer ✓

Hi all

Welcome to our community, we´re happy to have you here!!

We are so sorry for the inconvenience.

The reception of reset password emails may have some delays. We advise you to double-check the spam and junk folder.

You also may consider adding the TeamViewer domain to your email server-allowed list like this: *.teamviewer.com

Please give it another try and let us know if you still not receiving the reset password email!

Best,

Valeria

Spanish Community Moderator

Moderadora de la Comunidad en Español