Only Black Screen on Host with TeamViewer 12

Tex
Tex Posts: 3 ✭✭

After upgrading to the new version 12 of the TeamViewer Host Only on a Windows Vista computer, when I connect remotely now I only get a black screen. Am not able to login to the Host as I can't see the login password area. Worked fine with TeamViewer 11. I know Windows Vista is on the way out, but some people just keep hanging on. Please advise if there is anything I can do to allow me to logon to the Host?

Best Answers

Answers

• Sota
    Sota Posts: 6 ✭✭

I am having the same problem! The OS is Windows Server 2008 R2 64 bit. I am regreting now the update to version 12...

I have updated the host from version 9 to 12.0.71503 H.

• PandaPrimo
    PandaPrimo Posts: 1

Same problem and same configuration on host and same tw version (12.0.71503):

W2008 r2 64bit

I had seen that if I wait 5 minutes on this black screen the session start.

I had olso see that if i start a support with id and password,for spontaneous connection, the session start immediately while the other still show the black screen.

• Sota

Indeed PandaPrimo, if we wait about 10 to 15 minutes, the black screen is gone. I can however use teamviewer VPN while the black screen is displayed. This needs to be addressed as soon as possible.

I have tried to install the host through RDP or localy and it doesn't make any difference.

• pzzoz
    pzzoz Posts: 26 ✭✭

I agree with authors of previous posts. The same problem occurs when connectiong to Windows Server 2008 Standard. I can see only the black screen, either on remote machine there is a blank screen, too. So in order to do something there, now I have to reboot the server manually. It looks like TemViewer 12 has such a bug present in all Vista-similiar operating systems.

• Julia
    Julia Posts: 290 Staff member 🤠

Hi all,

This is a bug in our current version.  Only Win2008 is affected. Our development is already working on it and I will inform you when we published a fix.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Julia
    Senior Support Engineer - 2nd level Support
    Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
    Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button.
  • Tex
    Tex Posts: 3 ✭✭

Windows Vista computers are also affected, not just Win2008.

• Sota

@Tex wrote:

Windows Vista computers are also affected, not just Win2008.

Windows Server 2008 and Windows Vista share the same OS core.

• lodani
    lodani Posts: 2 ✭✭

Any timeframe estimate? Are we talking about hours, days or weeks for a fix?

just to decide if we should downgrade.

• Sota

@lodani wrote:

Any timeframe estimate? Are we talking about hours, days or weeks for a fix?

just to decide if we should downgrade.

Downgrade was one of the first things I have done, versions 10 and 9 now have the same problem.

• DME
    DME Posts: 1

Is there any update to this issue? I am having it with 2008 SBS Server. Thank you.

• Kemper
    Kemper Posts: 1

Same here. Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Enterprise.

Edit: If I close my session and try to re-enter it hangs indefinitely on "initializing display parameters."

• lodani
    lodani Posts: 2 ✭✭

@Julia could you provide an update? that's pretty serious.

• Julia
    Julia Posts: 290 Staff member 🤠

Hi all,

I really love the discussion going on here and your interaction in this thread but repeating the same questions doesn’t make the work on this bug faster ;)

I can certainly say that I informed our development and they are already working on a solution. However, we cannot give you a timeframe for the publication of the fix but as I promised, I will inform you and post about it here.

As a workaround we recommend you to use our previous version 11 on the remote side.

Keep up the good work and thank you for your involvement.

Julia
    Senior Support Engineer - 2nd level Support
    Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
    Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button.
  • Sota

@Julia

I have been contacted by your support team for more details. I have told them that, at least in my case, previous versions of Teamviewer (11, 10 or 9) on the remote side now have the same behaviour.

• pzzoz
    pzzoz Posts: 26 ✭✭

Yes, the most recent version solves the problem with blank screen - I checked it on Windows Server 2008 and it is ok. Thanks.

• pmanghel
    pmanghel Posts: 1

Windows 7 Professional connecting to a Windows 2012 server - same issue

• Even this problem faced on Windows Server 2016 too. 

• I have the same issue on both Server 2012 and 2008 R2, have you got a solution?

• I'm facing this issue from last few days. Previously it used to work fine. 
    For details
    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/45452184/teamviewer-remote-computer-showing-black-instead-of-login-screen

screen shot of remote pcscreen shot of remote pc

• August 2017 Windows 10 on both sides, last version of Teamviewer - I have a black screen! Any suggestions, please?

• fje
    fje Posts: 21 ✭✭

Same problem today.August 13th. 2017

Teamviewer version 12.0.81460

Windows 10 accessing to Windows 10 ----> OK

Windows 7 accessing to Windows 10 -----> doesn't work

Windows 7 accessing to Windows 7 ----> doesn't work

Two weeks ago it worked fine....

Please, even being in summer time, fix it as soon as possible.

Regards.

• fje

Solved using the workaround suggested in this thread:

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/TeamViewer-12/Connect-to-the-host-but-only-see-black-screen/m-p/11434

Waiting for a new version with the problem fixed....

• Is there any updates/patch for version 11 License user?

• I'm running all windows XP machines and after i updated to 12 i get the black screen. will there be a fix for XP useres or di i need to roll back to 11?

• fje

I found a workaround, going back to a previous version, as suggested in another thread in Community: 

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/TeamViewer-12/Connect-to-the-host-but-only-see-black-screen/m-p/11434

I asked for a new version fixing the problem, but nonews yet...

Regards

• I have these problem connecting a windows xp machine with a windows 10 one.

There is a connection but te screen remains black

• fje

Hello, have a look to my previous post where I explain that I found a workaround and how to find it....

Regards

• Thnx for the reaction.

I've download the set-up via the link provided and installed on the Windows XP machine.

It works fine with the latest version of TV on the windows 10 device.

Thank you for this solution of the problem.