Only Black Screen on Host with TeamViewer 12

2»

Answers

• fje
    fje Posts: 21 ✭✭

I would also suggest you what the support team suggested me, that is to deactivate the automatic update, using the advanced options in the extra folder. At least till an update fixing this problem (if ever) is released....

Regards.

• Good suggestion. I'll do so

Thanks

Waterland Radio (Hospital broadcast organisation in Waterland Ziekenhuis [hospital] Purmerend)

• fje

:smileywink:

• I am using Windows 10 and I have the same problem.  

• pdfvk
    pdfvk Posts: 2

I am on fedora 26 and see the same issue,  tried disabling firewall and setting selinux to permissive mode but didn't solve the problem,  love teamviewer but this is serious issue that neeeds fix.

• fje

As I wrote in another thread, updating Teamviewer in my Windows 7 to the last release: 12.0.83369 solved the problem.

If it doesn't in your case, try the older realease I also found in this thread:

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/TeamViewer-12/Connect-to-the-host-but-only-see-black-screen/m-p/11434

And unmark the "automatic update till a final fix is released.

Regards

• pdfvk
    pdfvk Posts: 2

I finally was able to fix this, Its not a problem with teamviewer on windows

my fedora26 still had wayland as display server, had to disable it... here are the steps for someone who is having the same issue(and I guess quite a lot on fedora)

a) edit file /etc/gdm/custom.conf and remove the comment before WaylandEnable=false

cat /etc/gdm/custom.conf
    # GDM configuration storage

[daemon]
    # Uncoment the line below to force the login screen to use Xorg
    WaylandEnable=false

reboot the system and start a new teamviewer session.

I had firewalld disabled(sudo systemctl stop firewalld) and selinux in permissive (setenforce permissive) as well, but that is not affecting the black screen, I have reenabled both firewalld and selinux to enforcing mode. I guess its mainly due to wayland issue.

• Please share which version fixed the bug as I am experiencing it now with Window 7 (Team Viewer 12.0.83369) connection to Windows 10 host (Team Viewer 12.0.90922).

Update: I just updated the Windows 7 Team Viewer to 12.0.90922, so it's the same as the host.

The problem only occurs with some of the RDP connections that I initiate on the host. Connecting to a VM does not work, to a physical PC works fine.

• fje

If you still have the problem¡ with the current release, I suggest you to go back to the older Teamviewer version/release I referred to in a couple of previous posts.

Regards and good luck!

• Version 13 did not solve the problem. It is just going on

• I am having the same problem, Both computers are on Mac OSX High Sierra, and runn ing the same version: 13.2.14328.

I keep getting a black screen upon connecting from either computer. It's a horrible bug that leaves you in awry when you need to control that other computer remotely.

• fje

The only workaround for the time being, at least for me, is to stay in Version 12 and, in particular in the Windows 7 system in V12.0.95388 and keep in mind that from a V12 Teamviewer you cannot access a V13 Teamviewer. So, if you need to access all computers from all computers you have to stay in all computers in V12.0.95388

• peterb2
    peterb2 Posts: 1

Thanks for your help. I have a similar problem - when I use my laptop to connect to my desktop it is perfect but when I try to connnect to my laptop from my phone, tablet or desktop the laptop connects but oly a black screen - also when i try to use chrome remote I have the same problem, so there must be a universal setting wrong on my laptop - any thoughts please?