Partner & Client Access

Hi all,

I've spent a while looking into this now so I’m reaching out for a hand.

We as a company have moved over from **Third Party Product**.

Our Clients & Partners had their own accounts to help them access only their machines and work remotely.

From my testing I have determined that these users will need a user account within our portal as a free account being connected to is limited to 5 minute sessions.

We have group’s setup for each of our clients/location I do not want to give a user access to all of their groups machines as this is a security risk.

I would like to setup permanent passwords on each machine via our portal and hand this over to the end user.

When setting a password for the machine via the properties within the portal (See image), I’m told the password is incorrect as it is obviously expecting the password from the TeamViewer host widget on the remote machine.

So my question really is how do we set unattended passwords OR is there a better way to manage our partners & client users who wish to use TeamViewer to access their machines?2020-07-28 19_10_54-Window.jpgWhen Contact (Free Account) Is Added To Group - Contact Can See Whole Group!.jpg

Comments

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,973 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @ginoconte

Thank you for your message and welcome to the TeamViewer Community! ?

As far as I understood, you want to have several computer groups and manage the access of your users to these specific groups.

What I recommend you to do, is to deploy a Block and Allowlist to these computer groups, so you can determine which user is allowed to connect to which computer group. And secondly, to share the groups to the users who are allowed to connect.

We explain how to proceed in this Knowledge Base articles right here: 

Note: Even if a user has the TeamViewer ID and the password, if he is not in the allowlist (or is on the block list), we won't be able to connect.

I hope this could help. ?

If not, do not hesitate to ask your questions here. ?

Best regards

Jean

Community Manager