Password

I just downloaded TeamViewer and it's giving me an ID but no password.  How do I get my TeamViewer password?  I thought it showed up automatically...

Best Answer

Answers

• iainwels
    iainwels Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hello carrielynn81,

Did you try creating a random new password?

1. Click the refresh icon. 2. Click on the bar that says "Create new random password".1. Click the refresh icon. 2. Click on the bar that says "Create new random password".

I hope this helps!

Thank you for using teamviewer

With kind regards, Met vriendelijke groet,
    Iain Wels,
    ICT-Support
    If you found this helpfull please verify it as an solution, so it could help other people
  • Hi Iain,

The refresh circle won't come up and let me type in a password.

Any other ideas?  And thank you for your help!

Carrie

• iainwels
    iainwels Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hello carrielynn81,

I have an alternative for you, if you want to use another password that you have created by yourself than you could use this solution.

How you add an personal password. 1. Click the pen symbol. 2. Click next. 3. Add an password only you know . 4. Confirm that passwordHow you add an personal password. 1. Click the pen symbol. 2. Click next. 3. Add an password only you know . 4. Confirm that password

Or you could reinstall the client. BUT BEWARE YOU NEED TO CHECK THE BOX DELETE ALL SETTINGS.

1. Go to your control panel. 2. Go to delete application (Roughly translated from dutch). 3. Click on the teamviewer client in the list. 5. Click one time next. 6. Tap on the box that says "Delete my settings". 7. Click on delete1. Go to your control panel. 2. Go to delete application (Roughly translated from dutch). 3. Click on the teamviewer client in the list. 5. Click one time next. 6. Tap on the box that says "Delete my settings". 7. Click on delete

I hope this solves you're problem

Thank you for using teamviewer.

With kind regards, Met vriendelijke groet,
    Iain Wels,
    ICT-Support
    If you found this helpfull please verify it as an solution, so it could help other people
  • I am trying to install the free TeamViewer and cannot access a password. 

How do I get to the Extras menu?

Thanks for your help.

• How do I get to thi

1.Extras>Options>Security

2. Random Password> 4, 6, 10 characters