Pet peeve - with Premium subscription single connection, failed attempts trigger email trying to sel

Comments

• lcbrevard
    lcbrevard Posts: 3 ✭✭

Content removed because replied twice accidentally.

• lcbrevard
    lcbrevard Posts: 3 ✭✭

This is really maddening. My "team" is me, myself, and I.

I have a large house with computers in different rooms on different floors and I use TeamViewer a lot to access ones in a different room. I also use TeamViewer to support clients, colleagues, and the occasional relative (when I have to).

Sometimes, when I leave one computer to work at another, I forget and leave a connection active. Then when I try to connect from the other location, I am blocked because I only have the one channel. So, I have to either go back to that one, where I originated the connection or to the one to which I was connected. 

This is a nuisance but there is no way I'm going to buy another channel just to solve this problem.

TeamViewer is already precariously expensive for a one-man operation like myself.

I finally subscribed because (1) it works so well and (2) there was no way I could pretend my use was not commercial.

It is really irritating though to have the subscription be a vehicle for them to hound me to pay even more money.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Here is the smarmy message I get every time I've made this mistake a few times.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We would like to again inform you of connection limits that have occurred during your use of TeamViewer.

Since your last notification on 24-Dec-2018, there have been 3 instances of denied connection establishments due to a lack of available channels. The more channels you have at your disposal, the greater the number of concurrent connections are possible from within your team.

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 896 Senior Moderator

Hello @lcbrevard,

Thank you for your post.

Please understand the emails sent to you are automated courtesy emails used for informational purposes, to ensure you have the license that best fits your needs. These emails are sent on a weekly occurrence if a session was attempted when the licensed channel was already in use.

As such, if you feel this information is not beneficial to your use case, you can unsubscribe from these emails by using the unsubscribe option found at the bottom of the email.

Hope this helps!

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---