Primary difference between users and contacts?

Hi all,

I know this is probably a silly question, but I'm looking for a resource that better outlines some of the key differences between a contact and user. I'm new to TeamViewer but am taking over management of a company admin account. I've read through the TeamViewer "Management Console"  Guide already and I don't feel like it explains everything.

I guess I'm just wondering about creating a new user vs. adding a contact.  Can I assign external contacts permission to use resources in my groups? If so, do they count toward my allowed number of licensed users? What is the advantage to creating my own users? I'm guessing the ability to disable an account and control passwords. What else?

Thanks!

Comments

• Gwalior84
    Gwalior84 Posts: 2 ✭✭

This is not a silly question - primarily because it is an important point and, AFAIK, is not answered anywhere else in the documentation. There is documentation on how to do both, but nothing really on the difference between them.

Reading between the lines, contacts are only for communication with, and you can not assign to a contact permission to use a resource in a group.

It'd be really nice if one of the good people at TeamViewer could expand the documentation to explain / confirm this. ;-)