Problem with TeamViewer on Windows servers

mLipok
mLipok Posts: 781 ⭐Star⭐

I have looked at:

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/TeamViewer-on-Windows-servers/ta-p/4572

And my problem is that I have setup like in this above mentioned article, and I still can not get the MainID (ServerID) , the only one which i see is UserID.

And the information which Is popup after clicking in "exclamation point" icon is incorrect.
As it say that "this is ID for physical devices, and I can use them to connect to server as this is server ID" but the given ID 1xx xxx 882 is in fact "UserID" and not "ServerID"

TeamViewer - WinServer Terminal - not have second ID.png

What is wrong ?

Regards,
mLipok , AutoIt MVP
Tagged:

Comments

• Ying_Q
    Ying_Q Posts: 2,587 Moderator

Hi @mLipok,

Thank you for your post.

Can you kindly go to Task panel -> Show hidden icons -> TeamViewer (right click) -> About TeamViewer -> check for Server ID and User ID please. It will usually display both IDs or just simply shows server ID if you are cuurently login with the Administrator profile.

Hope you find the information above helps.

Regards

Ying_Q  

Community Moderator/中文社区管理员
  • mLipok
    mLipok Posts: 781 ⭐Star⭐

Unfortunately ID which is showed is not ServerID but UserID/AdminID
    because if I logout from Windows Admin Acount then TV connection is terminated, and ID is OFFLINE.

Why I can not see both ID ?

TeamViewer_About.png

Regards,
    mLipok , AutoIt MVP
  • Ying_Q
    Ying_Q Posts: 2,587 Moderator

Hi @mLipok,

Thank you for the reply with the screenshot.

If the translation is correct, the third line display is the server ID. When you login with the system admin account, the ID would only shows server ID. There will be 2 lines of TeamViewer IDs show if you logged into this server using RDP.

Please noted that a TeamViewer license is required when using a server OS. Kindly login your licensed account OR complete the license activation if you are a licensed user.

Regards

Ying_Q

Community Moderator/中文社区管理员