Posted by qbproadvisors
Digon

Protocol negotiation failed

When connecting to remote control another host or server via TeamViewer, the connection failed with the error message read “Protocol negotiation failed.

Please try again.” On the TeamViewer host, it received the incoming connection, but the remote control session was silently dropped and was not established.
Many reasons can cause the TeamViewer’s protocol negotiation failed error to occur. To fix the issue so that the remote control via TeamViewer can connect properly, try the following resolution:

• Restart TeamViewer by quitting the TeamViewer app on the host, and then restart it.
  • Restart the TeamViewer service in Services of Control Panel, especially for TeamViewer
  • which is set to start with Windows and/or has unattended access set up.
  • Disable firewall, including Windows or third-party firewall.
  • Disable IPS (Intrusion Prevention System).
  • Disable anti-virus protection, or exclude TeamViewer folder or executable from anti-virus scanning.
  • Uninstall and reinstall TeamViewer.

4 Replies
4 Replies
Posted by bezukhof
Photon

Re: Protocol negotiation failed

I saw this fix over in the Super User forum: 

Ran into another cause for this error. In my case I was working with a system that turned out to be heavily infected with adware and a few virus signatures. Not sure which but it appears at least one of them was intentionally blocking teamviewer so as to prevent remote support? Had to fall back to an alternative remote software (Remote Utilities) to clean it up with Malware Bytes and Avira (AVG wasn't cutting it I guess?) and then TeamViewer started working again.

Also- this site compiles a bunch of different fixes. 

Posted by tho6460
Electron

well sometimes updating the windows to the latest version can bring up some changes or config that aren't right like in the case of preview versions of the windows . you should either try restarting your pc or changing some network settings .. you can refer this article for more info :https://blogtip.org/dns_probe_finished_nxdomain/
Posted by mahioya
Photon

There are many way to fix this error, I just sharing one the easy method which can done by command prompt. So follow this and cure it

1. Press windows + R key you will see pop u window
  2. just type “CMD” and command prompt will open
  3. Just type a command “ipconfig /flushdns”
  4. You will see IP flushed msg.
  5. At last restart your system.
  6. and done

Yu can get more metod on [the URL link has been removed by a moderator] post.

thanks

Posted by SuchiAbram
Photon

While working with the Canon printers, you may get Canon Printer Error B200 suddenly. This error is very common on most of the newer models of Canon printers. Apart from MG5220 printer, the users can also face the error while using MP6320, MP870 etc. Due to a faulty printer’s ink head, such an error takes place.