Question about recording a session

pzzoz
pzzoz Posts: 26 ✭✭

Hello. I know that TeamViewer provides a feature to record the session during the connection. After stopping it, a window opens with question where to save the final file with *.tvs extension. This is great to run such a video after a connection, but how to run this on a machines without TeamViewer installed? Do you plan to make it possible to record in standard video format, e.g. *.avi or *.mp4? Or is it possible to convert a *.tvs file to other video format using some software?

Best Answer

Answers

• pzzoz
    pzzoz Posts: 26 ✭✭

Thanks a lot. I haven't noticed such a button while playing a .tvs video. The only thing not so good is that converting lasts as long as the recording - so a ten minute recording is being converted ten minutes as well, but I don't think this is an important matter. Thank you.

• Does this apply to mac users as well?

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi @compsolution

The converting possibility is at the moment just available for Windows.

I forwarded your post as a suggestion to our Product Management and upvoted this Feature Request internally. Please feel free to add your idea to the Ideas Board as well, so that other users can upvote it there.

Thank you very much.

Best,

Esther

Former Community Manager

• I wish I knew that I couldn't convert video on Mac before I recorded this 1 1/2 hour session...

Is there no work around? My session also doesn't have audio at all. 

• clayton1
    clayton1 Posts: 4

You can use service [Link to 3rd part website removed - we recommend to download TeamViewer only from our website - Thanks for your understanding] to convert your files. Service converts the file in about half time of the recording.