QuickSupport

I'm just looking for instruction on how to initiate a 'QuickSupport' remote session with a remote staff member. I just signed up for TeamViewer, had a fair pre-sales support conversation, paid the money for the annual subscription and then.... nothing. No support, no obvious method to accomplish the main task I stated on the pre-sales call that I need to accomplish.

This Community 'seems' okay, but it took me almost five minutes just to find a way to start a new post! I am really NOT impressed with TeamViewer so far. I just cancelled my **Third Party Product** subscription, and now I'm wondering if this was just a "grass is greener" situation...

All I want to do is initiate a remote session WITHOUT having any software pre-installed on the remote machine. I have TeamViewer installed on my machine, I've created a 'QuickSupport' module and have a custom URL. I texted the URL to the remote user, they entered it into their web browser and they said now there's just a spinning progress wheel. They clicked the "Retry" link, but nothing happens, just the spinning wheel...

I opened my TeamViewer app to see if there was anything I needed to do on my end. Nope. Nothing. In fact, it's like my app has no idea anything is going on and keeps wanting to connect to a 'Remote Partner Computer'.

What do I need to do to get this simple, primary task initiated? I found a doc on creating the QuickSupport module, that was easy enough I didn't need any assistance, but evidently ACTUALLY USING the QuickSupport module is something less obvious and has NO support document for?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Best Answer

Answers

• Ying_Q
    Ying_Q Posts: 2,587 Moderator

Hi @EGFS_Manager ,

Thankyou for your post.

It looks like that your remote partner has not been able to download TeamViewer QuickSupport file successfully.

Can you kindly browse and share this article of How to download and start the QuickSupport modules in different browsers please.

The remote partner will need to download the QuickSupport file then run it for TeamViewer connection. Once TeamViewer QuickSupport is available, you may start remote control connection.

Or if you would like to have individual support from TeamViewer, feel free to contact TeamViewer.

Hope it hleps.

Ying_Q

Community Moderator/中文社区管理员
  • Thanks Ying.

So... it seems like there is software that is downloaded and needs to be installed? After reviewing this with the remote user machine, it appears that there were several ZIP files that downloaded, but the web browser (Chrome) did not take any other action. The message in Chrome (as well as the article you pointed me to, thanks) suggests that the TeamViewer remote app will automatically launch? This is NOT the case.

Now that I know that there is a ZIP file that downloads and that the remote user will need to find the downloaded ZIP, unzip it and launch the app inside, that allowed me to get started.

It seems like the remote user then needs to initiate the connection? The article you pointed me to doesn't go farther than getting the remote app installed on the remote machine?

• Ying_Q

Hi @EGFS_Manager ,

On the remote side, QuickSupport is not a installed version of TeamViewer. The remote partner will only need to click on the downloaded exe file on Windows system, then run TeamViewer QuickSupport. It is a Run Only application.

At your side, The QuickSupport will become online by showing either Seesion code or TeamViewer ID upon your customised settings.

• If it shows TeamViewer ID, you may contact remote partner for getting TeamViewer ID and password for connection to initiate from your TeamViewer.
    • If it shows Session code, you may find the session under your chosed group of Conputer and Contacts.

Hope I have explained it well to you. 

Ying_Q

• Ying_Q

Hi @EGFS_Manager ,

TeamViewer QuickSupport also works on Macs. There is a different file format to download as QuickSupport link will detect the operating system and load the file accordingly. One link fits Windows, macOS and Linux.

Good luck and feel free to contact TeamViewer for individual support with any other questions.

Regards

Ying

• I have run into a new problem trying to use TeamViewer for it's primary purpose: quick, adhoc remote support for a non-admin user.

While I have been able to successfully walk users through downloading TeamViewer via our custom URL, once the user downloads and installs the app, I can NOT remotely control the user Mac because the local user needs admin access to make a change in the MacOS to allow for it.

When I initially researched remote support options, I went with TeamViewer because I was told that TeamViewer could allow me to complete my primary purpose: provide quick, adhoc remote support for non-admin users. If TeamViewer now requires that the local user needs admin access to the Mac in order to allow remote access, I am no better off than the product/service we were using.

Am I doing something wrong? How can I achieve my primary goal?

• Yuri_T
    Yuri_T Posts: 2,256 [Former Staff]

Hi @EGFS_Manager ,

Thank you for your post.

If you want to control, the Windows UAC (User account control) using TeamViewer, you can log on to the remote PC as an administrator.

Instead of the TeamViewer authentication using TeamViewer ID and password when you connect, you can also authenticate with username and password of your Windows account.

For more information please read this article.

Hope this will be helpful.

All the best,
    Yuri

Former Japanese Community Moderator
  • Thank you for the response Yuri. I was actually asking about Macs though, not Windows. We do not have any PCs, only Macs. You're the second person to assume a Windows PC even after I mentioned Macs in my post. It 'seems' like TeamViewer is really designed for Windows and maybe Mac support is a bit of an 'afterthought'?

I appreciate your help and response though, thanks. Maybe there is someone out there that uses TeamViewer with Macs?

• Hi

We have had the same issue in the past and this is purely down to local admin rights. On MAC's they will need to allow the remote control with their credentials (often just their account password, not necessarily an admin account), as do Windows users when UAC pops up. There's no way round it that we have found, other than to have a user login with admin rights prior to running teamviewer.

If you need any help, feel free to drop me a line, we've used teamviewer for years

Rich

If you touched it and it stopped working, the first question to ask is "Did anyone see me touch it..."
  • Yuri_T
    Yuri_T Posts: 2,256 [Former Staff]

Hi @EGFS_Manager ,

Thank you for your reply.
    I am sorry that I misunderstood that you used a Windows device.

If you would like to connect to Mac OS with the admin right, unfortunately we do not have the feature in order to do so.

What I can do for you is forwarding this case to our product management.
    However I can not promise when or if this feature will be implemented, as the decision is based on public demand.

Nevertheless, your feedback and posts in the community to share your situaiton is very important to us as we want to continue to develop TeamViewer based on our user's needs and demands.

I would like to thank you for sharing your situation, and apologize that we could not provide the feature that you need at the moment.

If you have any further questions on our product, please feel free to contact us.

Best regards,
    Yuri

Former Japanese Community Moderator
  • Thanks Rich. In my experience so far, I need to provide admin credentials in the System Preferences > Accessibility setting to allow me to take remote control. Unfortunately, the local Standard User credentials that our users have has not been sufficient. This obviously is contrary to the goal of allowing remote control for support, since in this situation I have to physically have the device in hand in order to enter the admin credentials to allow me to remote control.

Thanks for your response and offer.

• Thanks Yuri. I will continue to look for a solution. It might be that TeamViewer is not that solution.