Announcements

TeamViewer 14.5 has been released. See the Change Logs here.

Posted by qW4wJ8met4
Digon

Quicksupport not starting session

My mother's Samsung Tab E has Quicksupport installed - we've used it some time ago -; now, even though both ends are running v14 I can't seem to open a session.

Her laptop shows up my list of connections and I have the option to take remote control using a password without issue. Althogh the Tab E shows up, there are no options. I can double click on the icon, I get Connecting, Authenticating, the remote end sees "Allow Support?", which is granted, then nothing...where are we going wrong?

6 Replies
6 Replies
Posted by qW4wJ8met4
Digon

Re: Quicksupport not starting session

No words of wisdom from anyone?
Posted by qW4wJ8met4
Digon

Is there no support for this product? There has to be more than just me and one other trying to use this. Very odd, and frustrating...
Posted by ebeighe
Digon

could it be like what happened to me? Different device but you never know. It's similar in that "it used to work, now it doesn't".

see this thread; no responses :-(

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/TeamViewer-General/Can-no-longer-view-or-control-my-android-phon...

i have a theory that it worked when my phone was Android 8, but "broke" when the phone updated to 9. 

Posted by ebeighe
Digon

I gave up on Teamviewer / Quicksupport app.

using **Third Party App** instead

[removed per community guidelines]

It doesn't have remote-control feature, but it does have screen sharing and that works on the moto x4

Posted by qW4wJ8met4
Digon

Thanks, I'll give that a go.
It's a shame this has such weak support; I use the Linux version to support her desktop and it works pretty well over a high latency satellite link.
Posted by qW4wJ8met4
Digon

I see some other products don't support KitKat for screen sharing; does anyone know if that is what the problem here is?