Quicksupport says addon available but Playstore says "item not found"

I am trying to access my tablet through quicksupport android app. The quicksupport app's settings says there's an addon available for remote control, but when i tap on it, it takes me to Google Play store where the item is not available.

I'm using an RCA Pro 10 (RCT6203W46) tablet with MediaTek MT8126, 4 x ARM Cortex-A7 (1.3GHz)

Comments

• Running into the same issue and found this - but even though it's from more than THREE YEARS ago, there's no solution given, or even ANY response. Is this ever going to be fixed...?

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 894 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @sbbsbb@anon 

Thank you for your post.

Please know the TeamViewer community is user-driven - many of the solutions come from other users rather than a support representative; we cannot guarantee a reply on each and every post.

Regarding the add-ons, please know there are only add-ons in the Play store available for supported Android Manufacturers; remote control of an Android device is not possible on all devices. 

For a complete list, and more information, please see the following article. If the device is made by a supported manufacturer, feel free to reply back with more info.

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

• The link doesn't work - I get the following error:

"An invalid set of parameters has been specified in the url."

If the software is limited/restricted to only working with certain devices, then it would probably be useful if that were actually mentioned anywhere in the Play store description, or in the app itself when it's first, or at LEAST when it prompts the user to install the add-on from the Play store. Otherwise, as it currently is, when the app prompts to install an addon, but when I try to I just get a "not found" error, it gives the impression that it's just completely broken - and there's no indication that "it's a feature, not bug" & that it only works with certain devices.

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 894 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @sbbsbb 

Please try the link again. I realized my error in the Url and had resolved it.

Regarding the feedback, if you could please post this in our Ideas board, this is where we track such user feature requests like yours. 

Thanks in advance. 

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---