Re: QuickSupport: Version out-of-date: Update the remote TeamViewer

@JeanK@Natascha& Many Other TViewer Mods,

This is starting to get really frustrating.  I've been looking for an answer to this issue for 6 weeks now. 79 posts, 6 Private Messages from Mods telling me I can't post any names of competitive products, and 4 emails and a solution for this stupid Update Remote Client Error has still not been solved. I have to get this off my chest otherwise I'm going to have to just give up on Team Viewer for the following reasons:
User @Djago has asked you guys numerous times. Click Here to View One of The Many Posts from Djago asking "Is it a bug or intentional"  @Djago is right you guys just add noise to this help forum.  You guys spend so much time repeating answers that don't work like "Update Both Clients" (Insert Sarcastic Font Starting Now) "Oh really? No kidding update both clients? That's what the error said in the first place that got us here spending hours writing into these so called HELP Forums." When you're not repeating answers you spend the rest of the time remove the names of Competitors 3rd Party Apps in hopes of preventing TViewer customers from switching to one of them that God forbid actually works. It would be one thing if it was just a problem free users were having since they don't pay and you may as well treat them like second class citizens lol, but it  just them. Your paid users are having the same issues and your causing them to leave and seek better products. Anyways I'm not trying to be mean but this has been going on for 6 weeks (for me, much longer for others) I would really just like to see a Team Viewer Mod or Admin admit this TViewer's fault and say "Sorry this is a major bug in our software and we are trying diligently to fix it."  At least then I might actually believe you guys are really trying to fix this issue. I know several people on here have accused Microsoft of  inserting the bug to force people to switch to the paid version. Working for Microsoft myself a few years ago I know that they wouldn't do that but because the Team Viewer employees and help mods can't give anyone a straight answer no wonder conspiracy theories are flying around like 9/11.  Lastly if you're a mod like @Yuri_T Give Kudos to people who actually help these forums instead of just giving kudos to other mods who don't know the answers either. All it takes is one look at your profileSnip20190712_4.png and you can see all you do is give Kudos to Mods? Seriously? Come on you guys are professionals with a good product we all love or at least used to. Please fix this "Version out-of-date: Update the remote Team Viewer error once and for all. Thank You for Letting Me Rant. I know you guys can do THIS!!!

[removed per community guidelines]

Comments

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 896 Senior Moderator

Hello @brhuge 

Please review the TeamViewer Community Terms of Use and the User Guidelines. Moderators are here to uphold the terms of this community, and edits to such posts are made.

Regarding Kudos, you can see all Kudos given to all users by clicking Show More (which is located directly beneath the bottom of your screenshot), you can see that Kudos are given to many users who provide useful and helpful information.

We understand some issues can be frustrating - however the moderators here are not developers nor engineers - as stated in the User Guidelines:

4. Patience please
    Please keep in mind that this is a user-driven community. Answers may not be as quick as you want them to be and not all answers from users may be correct. We can't guarantee you a staff reply but we will always work hard to make sure that we correct any incomplete or inaccurate answers.

You are welcome to post in the Community, but we ask that you uphold the guidelines set. 

Thank you for your understanding.

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

• itchibahn
    itchibahn Posts: 8 ✭✭

@brhugeI

I share the same frustration as you.  I'm sure many of us frequently check back to see if there is any good response to this matter, but pretty much gave up on TeavmViewer at this point.

I upgraded my version 9 to version 10 lifetime license, and it's been a constant battle since version 11 and above came out.  I still use TeamViewer 10 in some hosts that still works, while using another company's app.

Objective of any business is to make money, but promise is legally binding, lifetime license is a promise and shouldn't be broken.

• rogersw8n
    rogersw8n Posts: 2

I just started receiving this message with TeamViewer 11.  All of my customers that use the QuickSupport version no longer work as well.  If this is my license being terminated because I am being forced to upgrade, I will move to another product.

• rogersw8n
    rogersw8n Posts: 2

My issue is resolved.  After a Window 10 update to 2004, my device was no longer on the trusted devices list.  I added it both in the console and in TeamViewer 11 itself.  This reset my license to business instead of free.  My issue is resolved.