Reassigning TeamViewer 15 through command line

Recently I've switched from using the MSI version of TV to the exe version to have the auto update feature. I was able to find a work around changing some registry values, but that ended up being messy in the long run. Right now I'm trying to figure out how to use the assign option along with the exe to automatically throw new PCs into my account like how I do with the MSI version.

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Command-line-parameters/ta-p/34447

After sometime of fighting and talking to support I finally figured that I needed to install TeamViewer then run the commands from the KB article. I'm stuck once again trying to run commands such as "C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamViewer\TeamViewer.exe --api-token deployapitoken --grant-easy-access". I've tried running the command a few times with the --group option or the --reassign option to see if that might give me another outcome. So far, everytime I run the command I have no output. The PC doesn't assign to my TeamViewer account nor do I recieve an error that the command is wrong.

Am I misstyping or not seeing something that is missing from the KB article?

Comments

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @B3runner,

Thank you for your message.

I recommend you to try with the following command line:

C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamViewer\TeamViewer.exe" assign --api-token=YOURAPITOKEN --grant-easy-access 

Let me know if this has helped. ?

Cheers,

Jean

Community Manager

• Sorry I've been kind of pulled away to another project for the moment, but I was able to try what you had typed down. On that note, I seem to have forgotten the assign command when I was typing what I've tried out. Still, I attempted to copy and past your suggestion to make sure I wasn't accidently pressing other keys when typing, and I made sure to change the api token portion to the api token that I have from the deployment module. I still didn't get any sort of feedback when inputting the command. I did however dig down in the local roaming folder to find what looks like an error message. 

"2020/02/03 11:55:04.143 43756 43760 C1!! AssignmentTrigger::Set: can't open event (lastError=2), Errorcode=2
    2020/02/03 11:55:04.143 43756 43760 C1 DeviceAssignment::TriggerAssignmentAction - Try triggering the assignment event for the next 30 secs."

... (Reapeats the last line for around 30 seconds then ends with)

"2020/02/03 11:55:34.221 43756 43760 C1!! DeviceAssignmentStarter::Run: can't find action-trigger, service not running ?, Errorcode=2
    2020/02/03 11:55:34.222 43756 43760 C1 CommandLineTasks: finished"

Seems like the command is being ran just somekind of error is being thrown. I haven't found much information on what the error might relate to. 

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @B3runner,

Don't worry - it's all fine. ?

I recommend you to open a ticket regarding these error messages...
    Our engineers have the expertise to guide you to the solution. ?

You can open a ticket with this link: https://support.teamviewer.com/a/

Cheers,

Jean

Community Manager