Recommended CPU & Ram etc...

Hi,

i'm currently investigating the solution to implement teamviewer for our adhoc 'working at home' situations. We have fat-clients at our office with some CPU intense software, running this via teamviewer means an easy implementation and no need to buy heavy spec'd laptops.

Is this correct? And more specific, what specs do i need when i buy a laptop specificly for working via teamviewer? I'm looking at i3-6006U (2 cores) , with SSD, 8GB RAM DDR4 and onboard video. Will this be enough or do i need to look for better specs? Remember i only need to run teamviewer to my desktop, the desktop wil run the heavy CPU stuff!

Hoping for advice from a teamviewer expert, thanks in advance!

Alex

Comments

• . Good question. I'd also like an answer. Please

• mLipok
    mLipok Posts: 781 ⭐Star⭐

"desktop wil run the heavy CPU stuff"

For example , in my case, on such computer, problem will araise with ThunderBird (25GB IMAP synchronizatio) + ESET AV + 7Zip + GoogleChrome with 10 cards.

So you should have i7 or at least i5 with 4 cores.

It also depend how your GFX Card will accelerate TeamViewer.

Regards,
    mLipok , AutoIt MVP
  • mLipok
  • Hi Heptagon, that info is right on, thanks.

Q1- When you refer to "25GB IMAP synchronizatio", do you mean to indicate the TeamViewer data transfer when using TW?

Q2- I'm looking at a MacBook, will the 665 graphic card and 2.3GHz be sufficient?

Q3- What about RAM, will 16MB be better than 8MB for a scenario like the one you specified?

• 2.3GHz quad-core eighth-generation Intel Core i5 processor
    • Turbo Boost up to 3.8GHz
    • Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655
    • 8GB of 2133MHz LPDDR3 memory
    • 256GB of SSD storage

• mLipok
    @james2018 wrote:

Q1- When you refer to "25GB IMAP synchronizatio", do you mean to indicate the TeamViewer data transfer when using TW? 

this 25GB IMAP must be synchronized by ThunderBird with IMAP server, as this is 25GB then ESET AV Software monitoring each communication, and this is a long time period so when I login and try to check my email I must wait few minutes wait to synchronize, and endure the intense work of AV Software.

@james2018 wrote:

Q2- I'm looking at a MacBook, will the 665 graphic card and 2.3GHz be sufficient? 

I'm not MacBook user, so I can't say is it powerfull configuration.

@james2018 wrote:

Q3- What about RAM, will 16MB be better than 8MB for a scenario like the one you specified?

• 2.3GHz quad-core eighth-generation Intel Core i5 processor
    • Turbo Boost up to 3.8GHz
    • Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655
    • 8GB of 2133MHz LPDDR3 memory
    • 256GB of SSD storage

The time when MB Ram was used passed away a 2 decade ago, so I assumed it was just a mistake and it was about GB.

The specyfication looks preaty good

Regards,
    mLipok , AutoIt MVP
  • Further deatils request:

Q1- In wat way is the 25GB IMAP relevant to Team Viewer. Hope it's not a dumb **bleep** question.

Q2- Will the 665 graphic card suffce?

Q3- Does RAM help TeamViewer? Will 16GB v 8GB contribute directly to TV performance?  (yes, I meant GB and not MB. lol)

Thanks

• mLipok

@james2018 wrote:

Further deatils request:

Q1- In wat way is the 25GB IMAP relevant to Team Viewer. Hope it's not a dumb **bleep** question.

When ESET AV PROGRAMM is checking 25GB of DATA it is much longer than 1GB 
    So having only 2cores instead 4cores makes system unresponsive in some cases.

@james2018 wrote:

Q2- Will the 665 graphic card suffce?

The answer will be possible after implementing this IDEA:

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Ideas/GFX-Card-acceleration-usage-tester/m-p/43931

@james2018 wrote:

Q3- Does RAM help TeamViewer? Will 16GB v 8GB contribute directly to TV performance?  (yes, I meant GB and not MB. lol)

If you have 4GB + SQL Server + AV Software +X +Y Software, then extending 4>8>16 GB is very very good idea .

If you have 8GB , and at least 1GB free memory, then extending 8>16 GB,  only for TeamViewer speed it is unreasonable.

Focus on CPU or GFX but if you think about your GFX ... again look here:

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Ideas/GFX-Card-acceleration-usage-tester/m-p/43931

Regards,
    mLipok , AutoIt MVP
  • mLipok

btw.
    you also should check CPU speed on your local machine and check Internet SPEED (Download, Upload, Ping) on both sides.

Look also here:
    https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/forums/editpage/board-id/Feature_Requests/message-id/2667

Regards,
    mLipok , AutoIt MVP
  • ametemre
    ametemre Posts: 1

wow... 

this gets too complicated for my x86 mind. i can only fetch and execute seperate time intervals thats why pls try to explain this question with one word. 

- is team viewer runs its own anti alising, ray trace and render algorithms -

- does teamviewer runs the code from the emitter device(host) 

i was just wandering if we could have teamviewer benchmark that we can run a competiton on O.C. our network card and forcing our 9th gen cpu's to win the silicon lottery...

does anyone know the breaking point of the curve of reliability which how high is the performance goes up, at that level all is nearly same results...

it must be like corona chart like i7 i9 i5 must be closer performances and they are far beyond the i3 2000ghz