Remote Access Plan subscription blocks connections to other computers? (new behavior)

jrv
jrv Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited May 2023 in General questions

I have a Remote Access Plan subscription (1 connection), but the current MacOS version (14.5.5819) blocks connections to other computers different than the remote computer assigned to the subscription. This behaviour did not occur in previous versions, my question is if this is a bug or expected behaviour? (I could not identify this change in the Changelog)

Best Answer

Answers

• jrv
    jrv Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hi @Yuri_T,

Thank you for the clarification. I had activated the unique endpoint my license provides, and was trying to access an unlicensed endopoint, but for personal use.

On previous versions, connections may have been established as free unlicensed connections.

On the new TeamViewer versions, free unlicensed connection cannot be established to unregistered endpoints.

Unfortunately I find the (undocumented) change to TeamViewer you described makes the software much less usefull for me, since I use it professionally (remote work) but I also have to provide occasional tech support for my family.

I now have to use one of your competitor's apps to do this (I used **Third Party Product** and it works great for that usage).

Thank you for your help and reply,

I will mark your answer as a solution,

Best regards, João