Remote Access problem on mac

Hi,

i've tried to access a remote mac, but after a few successful attempts i run into to following problem: I can access the login screen, can type in my password, after that it just hangs until following error message comes:

"the screen can not be captured at the moment.This is probably due to fast user switching or a disconnected /minimized remote desktop session"

The computer i'm trying to access is a mac running macOS High Sierra (10.13.04) and has currently no display connected to it. It worked after unplugging the screen for a while then came the above weird error. Should I try an HDMI "dummy plug"?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Comments

• Scotty
    Scotty Posts: 493 Staff member 🤠

Hi @mekkmester

Right on the money with the dummy plug!

Without a monitor, there is no guarantee the mac will produce a video output.

Unfortunately, this can be an issue with both Mac's and PC's and is why we cannot officially support headless devices. Sometimes these devices just won't generate an output and so there is nothing for the application to send.

Different drivers can sometimes make it act differently, or as you said - a dummy plug works wonders.

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?