Posted by dan59019
Digon

Remote Computer in list but invisible

one of my remote contact computers dissapeared from my contact list and groups.  When I try to add it again I get the error "this computer or contact is already in your list".  Yet I cannot see it,  I have tried searching in the computers and contacts with no luck finding it.  Any idea on how to add/resurect my contact.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Posted by Supertramp
Trigon
Solution

Re: Remote Computer in list but invisible

Hi @dan59019

I meant if you only indicated the alias in the device search box or you also tried the ID.

However, you can try checking the existence of the device, including those available to you, through the use of TeamViewer's management console. Go to www.teamviewer.com -> login and log in.

Among the devices you should be able to see what you are looking for, if available, and see which group it is associated with

Regards

The real programmer does not interpret dreams. Just compile them
4 Replies
Posted by Supertramp
Trigon

Hi @dan59019

Did you search based on the ID of the device or its alias?

Posted by dan59019
Digon

yes I did  -  and to make it even stranger if I enter the remote computer id in the partner id i don't have to enter the  password to connect - so it appears that the device exists someplace, I just cannot see it.

Posted by Supertramp
Trigon
Solution

Hi @dan59019

I meant if you only indicated the alias in the device search box or you also tried the ID.

However, you can try checking the existence of the device, including those available to you, through the use of TeamViewer's management console. Go to www.teamviewer.com -> login and log in.

Among the devices you should be able to see what you are looking for, if available, and see which group it is associated with

Regards

Highlighted
Posted by dan59019
Digon

Yea, found it, renamed it and it is visible - 

Thanks!