Remote Control requesting Confirmation

jgt1942
jgt1942 Posts: 44 ✭✭

I use TeamViewer to help friends and family that are remotely located. I have setup remote access on all of the PCs. Lately two of the systems require the user to confirm the connection. How in the heck do I turn this off? Often I'm connecting to there system when they are either sleeping or away from the system thus I NEVER want to see the confirmation request on their system.

Also on one of the systems when I connect and click on something I see a huge cursor on their system, it has my name wth the cursor but the click is not performed on their system. 

Both of these issues are new, in the past I did not have this issue. How do I correct these issues

Best Answer

Answers

• Chiron
    Chiron Posts: 229 ✭✭

Team-Viewer-Getting-Stuck-at-Authenticating

Sounds like they went exploring in the settings. This will vairy a little depending on version and exactly where changes were made, but look at Access Control on the computer you are connecting to.

Options > Advanced > Scroll down to Advanced settings for connections to this computer.

Default is Full Access.

I don't work for TeamViewer. I'm just a user.
  • dmkg
    dmkg Posts: 4

I am having the same problem.  Checked the advanced settings and both my and the remote computer they are set to Full Access but I am still have the same problem!

Any ideas?

• dmkg

I am having the same problem.  Checked the advanced settings and both my and the remote computer they are set to Full Access but I am still have the same problem!

Any ideas?

• BTIBT
    BTIBT Posts: 1

Thanks.  This worked for me.

• dmkg

Yes that does work but it would be nice if we can change the default setting.

• Biggles
    Biggles Posts: 3

Problem = remote control requests a password from remote PC screen rendering program unusable.

alleged solution =  Options > Advanced > Scroll down to Advanced settings for connections to this computer.

Please please please can sombody say where I can find these mysterious options and if they still exist in the year 2018.

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi @Biggles

I hope this screenshot helps you: 

Advanced settings.png

Please let us know if you have further questions.

All the best,

Esther

Former Community Manager

• Kindly note that we using newly the Team viewer 13 and it’s always requesting confirmation for remote computer to allow us to connect and this step is annoying us also disturbing our support to clients, specially that 98% of our remote access to server where no one has access.
    requesting your help to find way to stop this confirmation request ASAP.
  • Note that we tried all above with no luck to get rid of this confirmation screen, TV v13.1.3629
    while on TV v9 we didn't had this screen at all; we upgrade to V13 as it's better but it's making our work nightmare for every single action require confirmation or allow from remote Pc, this is unbelievable!!!!!!
  • Esther

Hi @CHS-Techsupport

can you check what setting you have on your devices under Advanced settings for connections to other computers --> Access control?

The remote computers are all on Full access, right?

Best, Esther

Former Community Manager

• Hello Esther,
    on my device or devices i am connecting to...
  • Esther

Hi again,

actually both:

On your device: Advanced settings for connections to other computers --> Access control

On the remote devices: Advanced settings for connections to this computer --> Access control

Both should be on Full Access.

My assumption is that it is on Confirm all

Thanks,

Esther

Former Community Manager

• Hello Esther,
    as per your advice i checked on my device and only this access control was confirm all while the one for meeting is already full access.
    Thanks Esther issue solved

Best Regards
    Hassan
  • Esther
    That´s great news! Glad that the issue is solved!
    Best,
    Esther

Former Community Manager

• howardr
    howardr Posts: 1

For me the "Full Access control when a partner is connecting to the windows logon screen is greyed out so I can't check it.  I have version 12 on windows 10 and running it in admin mode.  TeamV.PNG

• pushpa1
    pushpa1 Posts: 2
    hey i am having the same problem confirmation request (allow or deny) in client computer can you explain clearly.. how i can resolve this ?
  • Esther

Hi @pushpa1

Thanks for your post.

When checking the advanced settings in your and your connection partners TeamViewer options, please keep in mind that you need to check Advanced settings for connection to other computers on the remote device and Advanced settings for connection to this computers on your device.

confirmation3.png

Another possibility is that when you connectied via the Computers & Contacts list and requested a confimation: 

confirmation4.png

I hope this info helps you.

Best, Esther 

Former Community Manager

• Biggles
    Biggles Posts: 3

The confirmation request problem still appears regualrly with mine, however I find that if I simply reconnect it goes away. Sometimes I have to try connecting a couple of times but usually I connect in the end.

• pushpa1
    pushpa1 Posts: 2

the settings are same as per screenshot. and i am using a free version i dont see any contact list in my system or in client system. then also why the client system is asking for conformation request (allow or deny) when I  am connecting to client system.

• evilzinc
    evilzinc Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hello,

I'm also having these issues past 2 days. Settings are both on full access and none on confirm all. I've also tried to right click the partner i'm connecting to, and click on remote using password instead of prompt for confirmation.

• kshafer
    kshafer Posts: 2 ✭✭

i have this same issue.  both of my computers are set to full access.  nothing i do seems to fix this problem.   

• Squirreljester
    Squirreljester Posts: 3 ✭✭

Here's what I did to fix it.

REMOTE Computer: Extras/Options/Advanced, enable "Full access control when partner is connecting to the Windows logon screen"

CONNECTING Computer: Extras/Options/Advanced, Access Control to full access under "Advanced settings for connections to this computer" AND under "Advanced settings for meetings".

Now everything works fine for me.

It would be really nice if changes like this weren't put into effect randomly with updates.

• @dmkg wrote:

Sorted.

In the latest version of Teamviewer, if you double click a remote computer name the default connection method has changed to "prompt for confirmation".  You need to use the second option on the right Remote Control using password instead of clicking the computer name.

This is the answer! The interface should really draw the user's attention to changes like this, at least the first time. Grrrr, waste of time!