Remote PC's display black screen

I am experiencing a rather annoying problem with a few remote machines. Not all machines, but a few. When I log in the screen is black and there is nothing I can do to interact with the machine. Now, I am not the first to post this. But I haven't seen a solution.

When I went over to physically check what the problem was. I noticed that the explorer.exe might be the problem. 

When I attach a monitor, the desktop pops up but explorer.exe is hanging. After a few seconds explorer.exe gets restarted. After this happens Teamviewer also works normal again. So I am not saying it is teamviewers problem. However, if there is anyone else who found a solution for this I would love some help.

I run a .bat file that kills explorer.exe and reboots it when windows boots. However this doesn't seem to fix it. I need to attach a monitor for this to work. 

Does anyone have a solution for this?

(PS: For those suggesting a clean install. I did that on 3 machines already. The problem still persist. Which is weird because it suggests its a hardware problem?)

Comments

• This just happened to me last week. I updated to 13.2 as I have on all other machines and it still produces a black screen. All other systems that I try to connect to the "problem system" work just fine. I can use the "File Transfer" option and that is OK onn that system as well.

The system that I'm using to connect to this problem system works fine if I try connecting it to others or try to connect them it this system.

• Xiaoki
    Xiaoki Posts: 3

Hi RonSommer,

I fixed it by purchasing dummies for my headless systems.The VGA dummies let the system think there are monitors attached and it will solve your problem.

I found that its because of the Intel internal grahpics drivers. You can try to delete those, or like I did add a dummy vga head. (i haven't tried deleting them as I needed a high resolution). But on machines that didn't have this problem, it would occur after I installed the internal graphic drivers.

• JabesGP
    JabesGP Posts: 1

I had the same problem, uninstalled Nvidia drivers, tried different versions of TeamViewer (as far back as 9!), took out my Nvidia card and used the onboard video (also Nvidia) - nothing worked until I happened to close Firefox on the remote PC, then voila - all back to normal. IE did the same - stopped all communication with TeamViewer. Installed SeaMonkey browser as I did need to run a browser during remote sessions, and all is working well. Strange, but there must be a reason.
    Windows 7 (host and remote), Nvidia GTS250 with 2 monitors.