Remote Update wants to download a trial version

When trying to launch remote update from a workstation where Teamviewer is not currrent, the process wants to download a trial version of 15.2.2756.  The existing version is 13.2.36217.

Any ideas how to resolve the issue would be helpful as I cannot fully manage the remote.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @mgarczynski

Thank you for your message.

As you have a subscription, you can download the version 15 and enjoy our latest version.

To be recognized as a Business license user, you will need to log in with your account within the TeamViewer app.

You will find all the information you need in our Knowledge Base article here: Connect to your TeamViewer account

If you need any further information, please let me know.

Best regards

Jean

Community Manager

• mgarczynski
    mgarczynski Posts: 4 ✭✭

Jeank

Thank you for your reply.  I already have Teamviewer installed on this workstation and I can see it in my list.  However, if I try to connect to it from some other workstation, I get the error that the software needs to be upgraded before the connection can be made.  That's why I have tried Remote update which fails.  

During the update, the Teamviewer webpage is displayed and it appears to ask the user to download the latest version.  Does this mean, Remote Update does not work and I need to manually re-install the software?

• JeanK

Hello @mgarczynski

Thank you for your message.

Theorically, the remote update should work. However, there is always the possibility that a bug is behind a disfunctional update. If you cannot use the remote update functionnality, you will, as you said, do the update manually.

I thank you in advance for your understanding.

Best,

Jean

Community Manager

• JeanK

Thank you @mgarczynski for your update!

We are glad to see that you could resolve your issue.

See you soon on the Community!

Cheers,

Jean

Community Manager