Remote access not working on asus devices even after latest update..

So, i have 2 asus phones..asus zenfone 5z and max pro m1..tried running host on both these from samsung a8(2015) after installing the latest versions as of today of TeamViewer and TeamViewer host but could only view screen..no remote control working..also tried host on samsung and TeamViewer on asus and that works fine...pls suggest solution..

Tagged:

Comments

• Whitedavidp
    Whitedavidp Posts: 14 ✭✭

I have a Zenfone Max Pro M1 phone that I want to control via Q/S. I installed Q/S from Play Store this morning. Q/S installs fine and surprisingly does not ask to install an addon. I tried and can connect to the phone from both another Android phone and my Win10 PC. I can see the phone's screen no problem. But when I try to remote control the phone by clicking anything all I see is a blue hand/finger appear. No event is generated at all. I found an Asus addon in Play Store and installed that as well to see if it made any difference. It does not. What is up with this? Thanks

• AlenaC
    AlenaC Posts: 918 Moderator

Hi @Whitedavidp and @rpt89ryt ,

thanks for your posts. Could you please check in your phone settings that remote access is allowed for Quicksupport? 

Thanks in advance for your answer

Have a nice afternoon, Alena :)

Spanish Community Moderator :)

• Whitedavidp
    Whitedavidp Posts: 14 ✭✭

Hello and thanks.

When I first installed Q/S I was prompted for and granted permission to write over other apps.

I have looked around and not managed to find any remote access permission you mention. Can you please elaborate about where to find and enable it?

Cheers

• AshWhole
    AshWhole Posts: 1
    Thanks for your reply @AlenaC,
    I cannot find the permission for remote access. I did grant the permission it asked (drawing over other apps) in the beginning.
    I have add-on for Asus,
    I can control other Android phone but cannot let my phone be controlled by other devices.

Thanks in advance for your answer