Remote from Mac to PC fails to complete connection

Hello,   I am trying to connect to my Windows 10 computer in the basement it starts to work as planned showing the 1st connection Screen then the screen just goes off and I am back to the login screen on my mac. No errors just kicks me back to login screen on my Mac.  Any Ideas on why it will not complete the Remote connection?   Thank You Very Much !

Jobeppo1

Comments

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,973 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @jobeppo1

Thank you for your message and welcome to the TeamViewer Community! ?

What you report really sounds like a bug of the software, either on the local side (your Mac), or on the remote side (remote Windows PC).

I would recommend you to restart TeamViewer on your Mac.

If this does not solve the issue, I would recommend you to restart the TeamViewer service of the Windows PC. We explain how to proceed in this post: Restart the TeamViewer service (Windows)  

I hope this could help. ?

If not, do not hesitate to ask your questions here. ?

Best regards

Jean

Community Manager

• Hello Jean,

Sorry for the late reply.  Very busy..anyway tried restarting the mac TeamVersion s/w  and still had the issue , also the Windows computer with the same issue. Wanted to state the issue again.   It appears to get me to the remote machine as the password screen comes up,  then, following me entering my password it shows the name of my remote computer (I have attached a picture)... that screen sits for a few seconds and just closes never taking me to my remote computer desktop.....it just flashes off...no errors or messages..

Thank you for your time.

IMG_2110.JPGJoe D.IMG_2110.JPG                         

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,973 Community Manager 🌍

@jobeppo1 thank you for the update.

To have a better understanding of the issue, could you please try to connect from your Mac to another computer to see if the problem is on the Mac or on the remote Windows computer?

Best regards

Jean

Community Manager