Remote uninstall of free TeamViewer

Options

Can I remotely uninstall a free version of TV? I can still remote in to the computer but have no physical access or local user assistance. I believe the remote install is TV 12.

Thanks

Tagged:

Comments

• Ying_Q
    Ying_Q Posts: 2,592 Moderator
    Options

Hi @QFT 

Thank you for your post.

You may try to remotely uninstall TeamViewer (start from Step 2) if you have administrative right on the remote device. Please noted that once you successfully initial the process on uninstalling TeamViewer on the remote device, your remote session will be cut off and you will have to find an alternative way to check for the unistallation result and to start remote connection.

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us if there is anything we may assist further with.

Regards

Ying_Q

Community Moderator/中文社区管理员
  • QFT
    QFT Posts: 2
    Options

I was hoping to do this remotely since access to the computer is difficult and no one there would be able to help. I did assume that I could do this remotely, despite losing the connection in the process. But that raises this question: can I leave out the registery updates without affecting the basic uninstall? If not, I'll have to find a way to get there.

Again, Thanks