Announcements

TeamViewer 14.5 has been released. See the Change Logs here.

Highlighted
Posted by user700512
Digon

Restart a stuck TeamViewer on a remote machine/restart a remote machine through a stuck TeamViewer

Often I have TeamViewer 12 stuck within a remote control session. The remote Windows (10 Pro 64-bit) machine becomes inaccessible for remote control until a physical person on that machine does not restart the TeanViewer service. I am looking for a way to restart the Teamviewer service on the remote machine, or restart the machine remtely. At present any such attempts result in "Error 5: Access is denied", Otherwise, in a healthy TeamViewer remote control session to the same machine I have all the necessary permissions to execute anything on the remote machine.

8 Replies
8 Replies
Posted by bartlanz
Heptagon

Re: Restart a stuck TeamViewer on a remote machine/restart a remote machine through a stuck TeamView

I have been waiting for this to happen to test my solution which is you can restart services via the ITbrain console. Alas, since I have implimented ITbrain on the systems that had this issue, I have not had the issue...

If my post was helpful, Please throw me a Kudos.
If my post fixed your issue, please mark it as the solution to help the next person find a solution quickly.
Bart Lanzillotti
We Do IT USA
www.wedoitusa.com
Posted by user700512
Digon

Re: Restart a stuck TeamViewer on a remote machine/restart a remote machine through a stuck TeamView

I am looking for a way to execute remote commands on the affected machine using TeamViewer's VPN.

Thanks and sorry, but I don't have a license for ITBrain, so I cannot test your solution.

Posted by aquire
Photon

May be the reason why TeamViewer got stuck is some permission issue in the first place.

Posted by user700512
Digon

Absolutely not. Should there be a permission problem one cannot connect ever.

It is a clear bug and it is because of the "Sponsored session" dialog. On the problematic machine there are many such active dialogs, one for every failed connection attempt, and all are minimized and out of focus.

The solution is a spare remote access program active all the time (I am already using Remote Utilities for that).

TeamViewer12CriticalBugMultipleInstances.png

Posted by JenSwallow
Electron

Same reason for the same problem here, but I don't have a spare Remote Access program installed... still looking for a solution if anyone knows one.

UPDATE - Have tried a remote reboot, option found in "Actions" in the menu at the top of the page... unfortunately I now seem to have lost ability to connect, even though it's showing as 'ready to connect'... :(

Posted by WurstCase
Photon

I just had the issue that I could connect but was stuck with "Initializing display parameters". After restarting the TeamViewer service via ITBrain Management Console I could connect successfully again.

Posted by Griz
Henagon

Re: Restart a stuck TeamViewer on a remote machine/restart a remote machine through a stuck TeamViewer

If you are able to ping the machine, you could launch services.msc.  Right click Services (Local) and type in the computer's name/IP.  Scroll down to TeamViewer 12, right click and press restart.

Posted by vndlyndstrs
Henagon

What page are you talking about? I can't find an actions menu anywhere.