Security codes and apps for two-factor authentication

I am Unable to login. Even after entering correct recovery code, it is saying wrong.

However I am entering the correct recovery code.

My actual username is jiveshwar but i had no option than creating this new account to post ticket.

Please help asap.

I am locked out after resetting my phone as 2-step authentication was setup in that phone itself, and your teamviewer website is not accepting the recovery code which was sent to me last year.

Comments

• Benjamin_B
    Benjamin_B Posts: 23 [Former Staff]

Dear @jovesharma Thanks for your contribution. We understand this is a very inconvenient situation.

Due to the fact that TeamViewer does not have any personal data of you, we have no way to verify your identity and therefore we cannot unlock the account. Are you sure you are using the recovery code that was created when the account was set up?

If you have a license, please contact our support. 

• Hi Benjamin,

I printed that page provided by Teamviewer a year ago and entering the same recovery code.

That's why I was saying that it is not accepting my recovery code.

Can you please send me a verification email on my registered email on that account, so that I can re-setup the 2-factor authentication or something else I can at-least access my account.

Thanks.

Please help!

• Anyone from teamviewer please?

• Benjamin_B
    Benjamin_B Posts: 23 [Former Staff]

Hi @jovesharma 

Have you deactivated and then activated TFA again in the past? In that case you have received multiple recovery codes. Only the last one is valid and should be used to unlock your account. 

We are very sorry, but there is nothing that we can do to unlock your account if the recovery code is lost.

• Utnnyan
    Utnnyan Posts: 4

How can you deactivate TFA if you can not log into your account?

• @Benjamin_B wrote:

Dear @jovesharma Thanks for your contribution. We understand this is a very inconvenient situation.

Due to the fact that TeamViewer does not have any personal data of you, we have no way to verify your identity and therefore we cannot unlock the account. Are you sure you are using the recovery code that was created when the account was set up?

If you have a license, please contact our support. 

Is this just the way of saying, "Free customers get  NO support". Even though, your documentation says, we will be supported, however licensed users have the priority.

• Suddenly I have exactly the same problem. Log in to the account I can not, the password is correct, but the secret code from the Google application is not suitable. Similarly, the recovery code does not work, although I enter it correctly. I can not disable two-factor authorization either, because the secret code does not work.

To write here, I had to create a new account for sending tickets.

Closed circle of the problem.

• I solved the problem! In the "Google authenticator", tap on three dots and select "Setting", then "Correct time for codes", and then all confirmation codes will work!

• Lexeus
    Lexeus Posts: 1

Thankyou! I was having the same problems with authenticator on my iphone, there is no option to correct the time on the ios app, but I noticed my iphone was 1min slow and i just updated the time and all worked fine again... thanks :o)