Posted by matgua
Photon

Security codes for two-factor authentication lost

Hi, i changed my phone and my auth app don't work anymore, i can't find my recovery code, what can i do ?

8 Replies
Posted by Senior Moderator Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

RE: Security codes for two-factor authentication lost

Dear @matgua

Thank you for your post. I sent you a private message with further information. :smileyhappy:

I am looking forward for your answer.

Did my reply answer your question? Please accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Reyhan
Posted by Wingman1708
Photon

Re: Security codes for two-factor authentication lost

Hi,

I have the same problem as matgua with the difference that I have got the restoration code but the website says that the code will be wrong.

So what should I do?

Posted by MayJoe
Photon

Re: RE: Security codes for two-factor authentication lost

Hi,

I have the exact same problem. For now I still have access to my old phone, but is it possible to send me the security code again ?

Thanks a lot !

Highlighted
Posted by Former Staff Katharina
Former Staff

Hi MayJoe, 

Thank you for your post. 

The recovery code is in fact not sent out by email, but displayed during the activation process of two-factor authentication (with a prompt to print or save the code). If you did not save the code or print it, we would therefore unfortunately be unable to provide you with it.

If you want to make sure you have a recovery code for cases of emergency, you might want to disable two-factor authentication from within your account (htpps://login.teamviewer.com) and then re-enable it to get a new recovery code.

In general, should you no longer have access to your phone nor to your recovery code, you can always contact one of the Moderators on here and we will do our best to help you out.

I hope this information helps. If you have any further questions, feel free to contact us at any time.

All the best,

Katharina

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks!
1 Reply
Posted by Zzar68
Henagon

Re: Security codes for two-factor authentication lost

I have the same issue.  Lost recovery and security codes and the phone has been replaced.

Posted by chirhonix
Photon

Hi,

could you or any moderator delete my account [the personal information has been removed as per the community giudeline]?

I've lost my recovery code and need to generate a new account. Please contact me at above email address.

Regards

Klaus-Peter Kirlicks

Posted by lkptantan
Henagon

Hi, i changed my phone and my auth app don't work anymore, i can't find my recovery code, what can i do ?

Posted by zamarrona
Electron

@Reyhan 

I have the same problem. Can you send me a private message with further information please?