Session Goes black screen once Remote Desktop session is closed

Hello All,

I have Teamviewer 11 licensed.

When accessing my remote server WIndows 2012 server R2, I get a black screen, but in case somebody is accessing the server in parallel with Remote Desktop i can see the session OK.

If the remote desktop session is closed, the teamviewer session shows black screen again.

Can you please advise?

:smileysurprised:

Regards.

Best Answer

Answers

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi @HMAZEH

Thank you for your post.

If there is an active RDP (Windows Remote Desktop) session on the remote Computer with the RDP window (currently) being minimized, a black screen appears.

For a minimized RDP window the whole desktop is being minimized. Therefore, there is no possibility for TeamViewer to grab the screen of the remote computer.

Please see this Knowledge Base article for further information: TeamViewer on Windows servers and the screen cannot be captured - Fast user switching

I hope this information helps you.

Best, Esther

Former Community Manager

• Hello Esther,

Thanks for your answer.

My issue is different, even after restarting the system, I'm not able to see anything unless sombody has a remote desktop.

• Thanks it solved the point.

• sath01
    sath01 Posts: 1

What does User Id VS Srever Id mean? I'm having the same issue. Where can I find these id's on the host machine?

Thanks in advance.

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi @sath01

Thanks for your question.

Server ID:

• TeamViewer ID of the console of the server operating system (as if one were physically sitting in front of the server)

User ID:

• TeamViewer ID of the user logged into this server using RDP.

Please have a look at this article which explains it in more detail: TeamViewer on Windows servers

I hope the info helps you.

All the best, Esther

Former Community Manager

• alexsc
    alexsc Posts: 1

Hi,

I have a similar issue, i am trying to connect to a server id on a windows 2016 Standard Server, when i connect to this server i am geting a black screen, rdp service is active on this server but no user is connectet while i try to connect to server.

Alex.

• ChaappAC
    ChaappAC Posts: 1

Same problem here.
    Screen is only available if connecting via UserID and when there is an active RDP connextion at the same time. Black screen if connecting via ServerID

Windows Server 2016 on Google Cloud Plattform.
    Is it a bug?

• Same, when I connect using server ID, I get a black screen and a popup "black screen is currently not active".

Latest Teamviewer 15 and Windows Server 2012

screen_team.png

• BrenoPoubel
    BrenoPoubel Posts: 1

What to do?????????????????