Setup Unattended Access on a Computer Image to be deployed

I would like to setup and configure unattended access, I am building a Windows Image and will run Sysprep before the image is captured. What I need to know is how to setup Teamviewer to allow me to connect to each machine after the image has been deployed and the computer has been named. 

Do I login to Teamviewer and setup the account? How can I make sure each new deployment will have the correct Teamviewer computer name listed under "My Computers" on the team viewer software? 

Or am I forced to configure each Teamviewer install after the image has been deployed and the computer has been named. 

Comments

• Chiron
    Chiron Posts: 229 ✭✭

You don't want to install TeamViewer before you run sysprep. I made a mess doing that.

Depending on your situation (what version of TeamViewer, do you use the TeamViewer Management Console, what version of Windows, is UAC on, are you on a domain) there are several things to consider. 

I used a msi and a reg file on older versions of TeamViewer, and the Design and Deploy feature in the management console when we upgraded.

Anyway, there are a few ways to automate TeamViewer installation with pre-configured options at the end of image deployment. And it's worth it. Big time saver once it's setup.

I don't work for TeamViewer. I'm just a user.
  • I could not figure that out. Pretty much is I want a way to make sure the TeamViewer ID matches the host computer's host name. I also want to make sure unattended connection and autostart is turned on. Do I need a corporate license for that? 

• Chiron

I'm not certain, but I think you need a pro license to use the custom MSI features.

• Chiron

Here is a link to a different thread that may be useful. I recently had to re-do our deployment method for a Windows deployment image.

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/TeamViewer-12/Auto-assign-host-module-does-not-work/m-p/14699#M8149