Sharing a Group with contacts

We have a corporate license.
When I am logged into the app (TV 14 on win7) I can create a group and add remote computers to it, but when i try and share it (I have several users setup within our corpoarate license), it seems I can only select contacts through my partners.. which there is only one of.
However if i click on Connection > Open User Management > it opens the website version, and then I can click the name of the group and share it to other users.
Why is this option to share not available through the app?

Comments

• Scotty
    Scotty Posts: 493 Staff member 🤠

Hi tigerpie,

Thanks for posting!

I am sorry for the confusion here, this is to do with admin rights.

When you are logged into the Management Console, you have admin rights and you are able to share groups to users that appear under User Management. This is only available to admins.

However, when you are in the application you do not have admin rights and can only share groups with users that appear in your Computers & Contacts.

If you want to be able to share groups with users when outside the Management Console, you would need to add the users from your Management Console, into your Computers & Contacts.Contacts list.png

I hope this answers this for you.
    All the best,
    -Scotty

Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
  • afeudale
    afeudale Posts: 49 ✭✭

It never used to be this way in TV unless something changed recently in the latest builds of v14 - I just opened a ticket today about this exact issue, so either tigerpie and I noticed this at the exact same time, or (more likely) it is a BUG.

I always used to be able to share groups to other users in our organization through the application, but now, this list is blank and I only see these users in the web mgmt console.

If I am logged into the TV application with the company admin account, I should not have a reduced feature set compared to the web console - that makes absolutely no sense!

Please restore this functionality to how it used to be for tigerpie, myself and all other TV users who are paying a lot of money for a this bug-filled product.

• Scotty

Hi afeudale,

Thanks for your post.

I am sorry, but the behaviour as described by tigerpie definitely not a bug and is 100% expected behaviour and this has been the case since the introduction of the Management Console in V9.

If you are an Admin, and you are logged into the Management Console
    You will be able to share groups with any user listed under User management

If you are sharing from the Application
    You will only be able to share the devices with users in your Computers & Contacts list.

This is because when logged into the application, the software does not download the list of users in your company even if you are an admin, it is not part of the information retrieved from the Management Console and never has been sorry. - This is an inherent restriction of the design, so cannot be a bug.

-In your case afeudale-
    Something must have changed in your Contacts list, maybe a group was unshared.
    But you will be able to share groups with users who are in your contacts list

I understand you are currently having issues and are unhappy with our support, and we can try to assist you with that, but the bug claim in this situation is unfounded and unnecessary.

Regards,
    -Scotty

Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
  • afeudale

Sorry, incorrect...

Here is a screenshot of my TV application.  You can see my company at the top left "xx Solutions Inc.".  There is also a group here called "xx Financial"

You can see the cloud beside it indicating it is shared with others.  If I click on "share" for that group, I can see it is shared with "xx Financial".  Also, as administrator, I am able to remove this shared user from the TV app.  This "xx Financial" is *not* in my list of contacts - they are a *user* listed under "User Management".

However, I cannot add any additional users through the app (as tigerpie's original post).

If you say that the TV application does not download the list of users, why is it that I can see this "xx Financial" user as a share for this group and why is it that I (as administrator) can also remove them?  This should not be possible accordingly to your logic.

In conclusion, yes, there was the ability to add shared contacts to groups from the TV app in the past and now this functionality is lost.

Yes, I am unhappy with your support, but this has no bearing on this being a *bug* - which it isCapture.JPG

• afeudale

Sorry, incorrect...

Here is a screenshot of my TV application.  You can see my company at the top left "xx Solutions Inc.".  There is also a group here called "xx Financial"

You can see the cloud beside it indicating it is shared with others.  If I click on "share" for that group, I can see it is shared with "xx Financial".  Also, as administrator, I am able to remove this shared user from the TV app.  This "xx Financial" is *not* in my list of contacts - they are a *user* listed under "User Management".

However, I cannot add any additional users through the app (as tigerpie's original post).

If you say that the TV application does not download the list of users, why is it that I can see this "xx Financial" user as a share for this group and why is it that I (as administrator) can also remove them?  This should not be possible accordingly to your logic.

In conclusion, yes, there was the ability to add shared contacts to groups from the TV app in the past and now this functionality is lost.

Yes, I am unhappy with your support, but this has no bearing on this being a *bug* - which it isCapture.JPG

• Scotty
    This post has been moved to a different thread.

I would just like to post to be clear that the above conversation was moved to a different thread as the issue is in relation to a complaint.

@tigerpie
    I am sorry for any trouble and if you need any further assistance from me, please let me know.

-Scotty
    Senior Moderator