Sharing systems between users.

Hello,

I've got a question regarding 'sharing computers' between multiple users. 

We've got 4 technicians who all have their own account and install systems on location. However when 'sharing' a computer with other users for some reason the systems won't show up. On the Teamviewer website even though we all got the same rights i can't 'edit' systems another user put in the list. Is there a way to 'sync' systems between accounts?

Comments

• bartlanz
    bartlanz Posts: 315 ✭✭✭

Make sure the user who creates the group the computers are in shares the group to your other users. I suspect this is the missing piece.

For my users, I create the groups and manage the sharing for them. I have found that it eliminates the issues you are facing.

If my post was helpful, Please throw me a Kudos.
    If my post fixed your issue, please mark it as the solution to help the next person find a solution quickly.
    Bart Lanzillotti
  • dwyere
    dwyere Posts: 16 ✭✭

Do you have a company set up with TeamViewer? That's what we ended up doing, and it has made sharing groups/user management significantly easier. 

--
    I am not associated with TeamViewer in any way, and all comments are strictly my personal views and opinions.
  • Michiel
    Michiel Posts: 13 ✭✭

Thank you for the reply, 

I'm note sure how to tell if there's a 'Company' set anywhere,  or where to change this?

The 'master account' is set as 'Company Administrator'.

• dwyere
    dwyere Posts: 16 ✭✭

It's changed a bit since we set ours up, but you do need to have a license for it to work. You can find more information on it here. Basically, it allows you to have everyone in your organization show up underneath one account (but each still has their own account) and you can manage connections, assign shared groups, assign certain licenses, and all kinds of other stuff.

Hopefully that's what you're looking for. If not, I can try to see what other solutions might work well for your situation.

--
    I am not associated with TeamViewer in any way, and all comments are strictly my personal views and opinions.