Show cursor without control

Is there a way to have the person providing support show the blue cursor instead of having control? Ideally I would think there would be an easy way to toggle between the "blue guide cursor" and actual control. Technically you can click the button on the shared computer to allow/deny remote control which will make it so you are using the "blue guide cursor", but it seems like that is an extra step and it should be able to be done on the support end and be able to flip back and forth (as user permissions allow). Once you click that button (allow/deny remote control) you are no longer able to control the remote computer, so if you want to go back to controlling you have to ask the other person to click the button. It would be ideal to be able to toggle back and forth on the support end in case a client may feel more comfortable without having someone control their computer just guide them. This seems like a basic thing... basically seems like it should almost be an option when starting the session to be in "guide mode" instead of control and then you could ask for control possibly. Maybe I am missing something?

Tagged:

Comments

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @voyou,

Thank you for your message and welcome to the TeamViewer Community! ?

You are not missing anything, actually you got it right. ?

It is possible for the remote user to fully control the remote control permissions of the support by clicking on the remote control panel (the button you mentioned).

It is also possible for the supporter to click this button. However, only the remote user can allow the remote control back to the supporter. It has been created in a logic to protect the remote user and give him more power to decide what happens on his end.

I hope this could help. ?

If not, do not hesitate to ask your questions here. ?

Best regards

Jean

Community Manager

• voyou
    voyou Posts: 3

I understand the mechanics and reasoning behind not allowing the support person to enable control on their own... that isn't what I want. What I want is a way to come into a support session with only the "blue guide cursor" enabled (no computer control) because some people are sensitive about giving control of their computer away. Then if necessary, the support person could requrest that the remote person enable computer control. Is there a way to do this? 

• JeanK

Hello @voyou,

Thank you for your clarification. ?

Yes, this is possible.

People who are sensitive to remote control can set up their TeamViewer so per default, all incoming connections are only allowed to view their screen (and use the blue cursor). The remote control is here disabled.

They need to:

1. Access the Options of TeamViewer
    2. Go to Advanced 
    3. Go to Advanced setting to connections to this computer
    4. Select View and show

You can also send them this animation I made for you:

Show and view.gif

Let me know if this could help! ?

Best regards

Jean

Community Manager

• voyou
    voyou Posts: 3

Thank you, that is helpful. To confirm, there is no way for the support person to join a session in "view and show" mode without the remote user selecting that option? This would be helpful when doing a QuickSupport session. 

• JeanK

Hello again @voyou,

This is also possible.

The supporter can set in his Advanced options for connections to other computers the parameter View and Show as well:

View and show.png

With this setting, all connections started by the supporter will start in View and Show mode.

Best regards

Jean

Community Manager