Sound Volume Damaging

Mac OS.  When I begin a TeamViewer session your software auto-adjusts my computer's sound volume to 100%. Since I use a headset, once I quit Team Viewer, the next sound I encounter will be at absolute full freaking volume. That said, even at 100% volume it is difficult for me to hear certain customers.  Would there happen to be an older version of TeamViewer that I can fall back to that would avoid this issue?  If not then I would like to humbly offer my best wishes for a fix to this problem that has existed now for an very unreasonable amount of time.  Please fix this issue before my eardrums melt and leak out of my bloody head. Thank you very kindly and have a great day.

Best Answer

Answers

• Raven
    Raven Posts: 23 ✭✭

I have had the same experience when using TeamViewer on a mac - typically if I am on a Skype call and run TeamViewer, the volume of my Skype call goes really quiet, even though I actively disable all use of sound within TeamViewer (I have no need to communicate with the person I am working on behalf of aurally via TeamViewer - I can either do so via on-screen chat, or over the telephone).

It is a vexing issue that seems to come and go which makes it even _more_ odd =/

- Raven
  • I'm having the same issue as well. I connect from my mac to a linux machine and it blasts my volume to 100%. Seriously damaged my ears. 

• CLSsupport
    CLSsupport Posts: 3 ✭✭

I'm sorry to say that now it's even worse!  With the latest TeamViewer revision it now maxes out your volume when you launch the application, then after you turn it back down, it again maxes it out upon connecting to a remote session.

Dear TeamViewer, if we need to increase our sound level, we are all quite capable of turning up the volume.  We don't need you to do that for us.  Plus, that way it will be eaiser for us to remember to turn the volume back down so that we don't get out ears hammered every time we use your program.

Anytime a computer makes a UI decision for me I find that to be quite annoying, but generally it's not painful too.  Please either fix the problem or simply leave it as is.  I just don't have the feeling that this is a priority issue to address for TeamViewer.  Please focus on a fix rather than harmful workarounds.  We Mac people would like to be considered to be on the same team.  Thank you for listening.

• Talot
    Talot Posts: 1

I have version 12.0.95388 ant it is not solved on my computer!!