Sound on Mac

I cannot get Teamviewer to output sound to my speakers on My Mac. I read this is not possible. Is this correct?

Comments

• Archigos
    Archigos Posts: 30 ✭✭

Can you give a few more details?

Example
    OS Version of the system connected to:
    OS Version of the system connected from:
    TeamViewer Version:

I usually connect to a Mac (macOS Sierra 10.12.6b3) from a Windows system (Windows 10 v1703 IP) and have no audio problems from either system (including connecting the opposite direction).

• ak
    ak Posts: 3

I connect from Mac OS 10.12.6 Beta (16G16b)

I was connecting to Windows 10 (I don't have computer in front of me to get the version, but it is up to date with all latest public realeased windows updates (Not pre relesae/beta))

The sound will not play trhough the speakers on the Mac. It will however play through a USB connected headset.

Thanks for your help with this issue.

• Archigos
    I assume that although you mention only the headset works for TV, the speakers work on the Mac under normal usage? If that's the case, I'm sadly out of ideas without being able to see the system(s).
    I'm sorry I wasn't able to help resolve this, but I'll update this if I think of anything else to try.
  • ak
    ak Posts: 3

There is some information in this post

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/TeamViewer-12/There-is-no-sound-from-the-remote-computer/td-p/1300

but there were some people on that thread who said this was incorrect?

It would be nice to have a definative answer.

• Archigos
    I remember reading over that thread a couple days ago. I'm not really sure what to think about it since I don't seem to have the same issue. I mainly use a Windows 10 laptop to connect to a Mac Mini (macOS Sierra) and get sound, but when I connect the reverse direction it still works as expected.