Square cursor in Win 10

Options
hjrw
hjrw Posts: 5 ✭✭

Recently the remote cursor on Win 10 (access from Android 10) started to appear as a square, with no obvious focus point.  It also is black on the black background of the remote PC.  How can this be returned to an arrow, and is it possible to change the cursor color?  Here is a screen capture.Cursor.jpg

Thanks
-Herschel

Tagged:

Comments

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,987 Community Manager 🌍
    Options

Hello @hjrw

Thank you for your message. ?

Unfortunately, we could not reproduce this issue...
    This seems to be a display bug. ?‍♂️

Have you tried to uninstall TeamViewer from your Android device and try again?
    Also, could you please check if the graphic drivers of the remote computer are up-to-date?

I hope this could help! ?

Best,

Jean

Community Manager

• hjrw
    Options

I replied earlier, but cannot locate the reply.

I uninstalled TeamViewer and reinstalled it on my Google Pixel; 4XL (Android 10).  I checked the graphics driver and it is up to date.  I installed Teamviewer on my laptop.  Same issue from smartphone.  I installed Teamviewer on a Samsung Galaxy S6 (Android 6.01).  Same square cursor.  When I log in to the laptop from my desktop using TeamViewer, the cursor is normal.  The laptop is running Windows 10 Pro (64) and the desktop is running Windows 10 Home.

At this point it appears to be the Android smartphones.  Any suggestions?  (The Samsung has only a small handful of apps installed.)

• hjrw
    Options

Any ideas on the cursor issue?  Reinstalling TeamViewer did not have any effect and I get the same issue on a Samsung Galaxy..

Where is the cursor shape defined?  Is an older version of TeamViewer available to try?

Thanks

Herschel

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,987 Community Manager 🌍
    Options

Hello @hjrw,

I discussed with engineers and got more information to share. ?

Could you check if you have the default Windows cursor is set up on your computer? By this, I mean the default, classic one: Paramètres.png

If this is the case, you could also try to disable hardware acceleration. You will find how to proceed here: Disable hardware acceleration

Let me know if this could help. ?

Cheers,

Jean  

Community Manager

• hjrw
    Options

Hello

I have loaded (personal, free) TeamViewer onto a new Windows 10 PC.  When I connect to it, I get a message that my plan does not include connections to customized TeamViewer modules.  I then get a minute or so of connection and am then disconnected.  I have not had this issue in the past,  Is there a setting that needs to be changed?  I have been using TeamViewer as downloaded.

Thanks,
    -Herschel Weintraub

ID: 1 693 054 668
    eMail hw@hjrweintraub.com

PS  The cursor issue was resolved.  I did have a larger mouse cursor assigned.