Stuck at Connecting

Options
danco29
danco29 Posts: 6 ✭✭

I am using the latest TV on Mac Catalina, supporting a friend on Mac Mojave.

I have two problems at the moment. One is due to an error on my part, which will need her to do some stuff to solve. The other is new, but maybe is a consequence of my error.

TV was working fine to connect to her system, but I set her TV preferences to Start TeamViewer with System, without understanding the consequences. After that I was able to connect to her screen but mouse and keyboard did not work. I now realise this is to be expected unless she either turns off Start with System or grants suitable permissions in the Privacy section of System Preferences.

However, things have got a bit worse. I now find that when I run TV and attempt to remote control her computer using the password I have set, TV just says Connecting for a while and then the Connecting panel disappears. Is this a separate issue, in which case how do I solve it. or is it an expected result of my previous error? I am a bit surprised that I should have this issue when I had previously been able to connect even with my error. But she might have restarted her machine recently, if that makes a difference

Comments

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,987 Community Manager 🌍
    Options

Hello @danco29,

Thank you for your message and welcome to the TeamViewer Community! ?

The remote control can only be available after setting this up in the Mac's preferences, as you mentioned.

We explain how to proceed in this Knowledge Base article right here:

This is not related to the Start with system option.

For the issue regarding the crash of the application, I recommend you to restart TeamViewer on both devices.

I hope this could help. ?

If not, do not hesitate to ask your questions here. ?

Best regards

Jean

Community Manager

• danco29
    danco29 Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Options

Yes, I know about the Privacy permissions needed for TV to work.

As I understand it, for Start TV with System to work properly, Privacy permissions are needed on TeamViewer_Desktop as well as for TV itself.

Unfortunately, I did not realise this when I switched this on, so can't control my friend's machine until she makes the necessary changes.

That part of it I understand, and know what needs to be done.

What concerns me is that at present (and I have restarted my computer, and she has probably restarted hers, though I don't know) is that currently a connection is not being made, my TV just sticks at Connecting for a while and then stops even showing that. If this is a consequence of my mistake of deciding to set up Start with System then fine, I know how to solve the problem, just have to guide my friends wtih changing settings.  But if it is a totally unrelated problem then I need to know how to cure it so that I can at least see her screen.