Suddenly: Disable Remote Input > not included in your TeamViewer Edition

Hello,

As of today we are unable to use the Disable Remote Input nor Show Black Screen options (also there appears to be an Icon added to the options, a start with an arrow pointing noth-west).

The feature you are using is not included in your TeamViewer Edition.
Please upgrade TeamViewer to be able to use this feature.

We have a full Corporate License with 5 channels, activated on both sides of the connection, running the same version of TeamViewer 12 (fully updated).

Reinstalling TeamViewer didn't solve this.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Kevin

Comments

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for your post.

With an active license on (at least) one side of the connection, you shouldn´t get this message. May I ask you to test the following: Can you activate the license on your TeamViewer account and make a new connection (when you are signed in to the Computers & contacts list). Does this solve the issue?

Thank you,

Esther

Former Community Manager

• Hello Esther,

When I log in on the TeamViewer client and connect to another computer, the options seem to be working again. When I log out they are unusable again. Strange, since we never needed to sign in before (I have used these options earlier this week, yesterday we noticed that they stopped working).

Any idea how this could have changed?

Greetzzz,
    Kevin

• Esther

Hi @Kevin_vdB

Can you confirm that the license is activated locally on the device, you started the connection from?

You can check it by clicking on Menu --> Help --> About TeamViewer. What does it say under "License"? 

All the best, Esther

Former Community Manager

• Hi Esther,

it states:
    License: Corporate (5 channels)
    Expires: 14-2-2018

Grtzz,
    Kevin

• Update: Seems to be related to connecting by name vs TeamViewer ID. If I connect bij Computername the options aren't available, if I connect by TeamViewer ID the options are available again.

• di-feedback
    di-feedback Posts: 4 ✭✭

Yes, it's a bug when doing TeamViewer direct LAN connections. Also broken when you attempt "Show Black Screen. They should fix this bug. Occurs in the latest version with a Premium license.

TV-ISSUE.png

• Esther

Hi @di-feedback

Do you also have the issue in a "normal" TeamViewer connection via TeamViewer ID or just in LAN connections?

All the best, Esther

Former Community Manager

• di-feedback

Yes, just for LAN connections. Should be an easy bug to fix.

• I got the following answer on my TeamViewer support ticket, confirmed 'bug' and a fix is being worked on:

Hello Kevin,
    Thank you for getting back to us. 

We received feedback from our development team, that in current version of TeamViewer the option to show black screen is available only if your account is licensed and you are establishing connection to TeamViewer ID.

The option is also not available in LAN only mode and if you are connecting to remote PC using computer name or IP-address (option accept exclusively is chosen in "Incoming LAN connection" in TeamViewer settings on remote side).

To be more clear: both machines should have access to TeamViewer servers in order that the feature should work as expected.

The following fix will be included in the next version (TeamViewer 13): it should be possible to use this feature for LAN connections if one side is logged into an licensed account.

If you have any further questions about TeamViewer, please feel free to contact us again.

Best regards,
    Kirill Balabaev Support Engineer

• I am also experiencing this problem. If I am not wrong, this feature has been there since version 8 I used. So we think we have been paying for this feature, and we don't expect it to disappear. If it is a bug, we should be able to get the fix without paying for the upgrade. I might not want to pay for upgrading to version 13 yet when it rolls out just to get the fix. So is it possible to provide the fix for version 12 too?

• di-feedback

Yeah, could be a bait-and-switch tactic to get folks onto the subscription model. Worst case: you can make your own separate software tool to control that feature.

• The problem I have with this is that the features that are no longer part of a free license are stuck in whatever state they were in previously.  Some saved connections have "disable remote input" checked and some do not.  Neither can be changed.