Suddenly unable to connect to remote PCs

My computer at work was replaced last week. I re-installed Teamviewer and am now met with a password being asked, without one being in the Teamviewer settings. 

I managed to connect to the computer from my phone app when in front of it, and able to read the temporary connection password, as well as arrange that via a phonecall to have someone try the same on my home PC.

Now, when trying to connect to my office PC, it asks for a password that I have no way of accessing. What's the point when I have linked the computers to be tied to my Teamviewer login? How do I stop this from happening each time, as it's pointless to connect to a computer that I'm physically sitting in front of?! No issues in connecting to my home PC off of the new work PC, but not the other way around. 

I'm not the most tech savvy, so the abbreviations on some of the forum posts really didn't help. Please assist!

Comments

• Chiron
    Chiron Posts: 229 ✭✭

Do you have an IT Department that may have installed TeamViewer?

There is a setting that locks the options menu (where you can set a permanent password) to prevent users from setting up unauthorized access.

If you installed TeamViewer yourself and need to start over, uninstall and look for the checkbox to remove all settings. When you re-install you will be able to set your password.

I don't work for TeamViewer. I'm just a user.
  • Oh wow, thanks so much!

That's the first thing on my to-do list tomorrow then... :-)