Support request logic absurdity

When I email support@teamviewer.com to say I cannot log in to the TeamViewer management console, I get an automated reply:

---
We are continuously working to optimize the way we handle your requests.

Which is why we have discontinued the usage of the support email address: support@teamviewer.com We now have a form on our website, solely dedicated to handling all your requests: www.teamviewer.com/support Please use this form for any future request to TeamViewer.
---

However, in order to submit a support request at that page, I have first to log in to the TeamViewer managment console before I can raise a support request.

How utterly stupid, and furiously frustrating, is that?

Tagged:

Comments

• Tim-L
    Tim-L Posts: 5

To add to my displeasure about not being able to use TeamViewer for something urgent today, I got a pop-up survey after posting the above, asking me whether I thought I might buy TeamViewer licensing!

My company has been a TeamViewer customer since early 2009, but I can say with certainty that TeamViewer GmbH will not be receiving another red cent from us.

• Ying_Q
    Ying_Q Posts: 2,554 Moderator

Hi @Tim-L 

Thank you for your post. I am sorry to hear what you have experienced.

In order to raise a ticket to TeamViewer Support Team, you may go into your Management Console --> click on your name in the upper right corner--> Get help. In the home tab, click on New Support Ticket as the screenshot shown.2019-07-24 11_06_38- customerHELP.pngPlease noted that your TeamViewer account needs to be licensed to use this function. 

If you would like to find out How to activate your license, kindly chect out the steps from the article or simplely call TeamViewer Support Team for individual assistance.

Hope it helps to you. Feel free to contact us if you would like us to assist further.

Kind Regards

Ying_Q

Community Moderator/中文社区管理员
  • Tim-L

> In order to raise a ticket to TeamViewer Support Team, you may go into your Management Console – …

I can only assume you did not read all of my original post.

I said the reason I am wanting to raise a support request is because I am unable to log in to the management console!!  But I cannot raise a support request other than by logging into the management console. Is that explanation too difficult to understand?

When I try to log in to the management console I get:

---

To ensure the continued security of your account, you need to first confirm this browser is a trusted device. We have sent you a confirmation email containing a device authorization link. If you don't receive this verification email within a reasonable amount of time, please check your junk or spam folder. Read further information about trusted devices.

---

No email ever arrives (and, yes, I have checked my junk/spam folder).

Apropos:

> Please noted that your TeamViewer account needs to be licensed to use this function.

As per my second post, my TeamViewer account has been licensed since early 2009.

• Tim-L

> In order to raise a ticket to TeamViewer Support Team, you may go into your Management Console – …

I can only assume you did not read all of my original post.

I said the reason I am wanting to raise a support request is because I am unable to log in to the management console!! My issue is that I cannot raise a support request other than by logging into the management console. Is that explanation too difficult to understand?

When I try to log in to the management console I get:

---

To ensure the continued security of your account, you need to first confirm this browser is a trusted device. We have sent you a confirmation email containing a device authorization link. If you don't receive this verification email within a reasonable amount of time, please check your junk or spam folder. Read further information about trusted devices.

---

No email ever arrives (and, yes, I have checked my junk/spam folder).

Apropos:

> Please noted that your TeamViewer account needs to be licensed to use this function.

As per my second post, my TeamViewer account has been licensed since early 2009.

• Clearly Teamviewer support does not want you to connect with them as i followed the instructions here and I just go in a loop back to community

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 896 Senior Moderator

Hello @Tim-L,

Thank you for the clarification. 

As only licensed accounts can access the support portal and create tickets, and you are unable to access said account, I can create a ticket for you with our support team. 

Please PM the invoice and contact information, so we may forward the request and create a ticket on your behalf.

Thanks in advance.

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

• Tim-L

Josh,

Thank you for your response.  PM sent.