Suppress Login Pop Up?

We want to use Teamviewer in a Citrix (terminal services) environment. We do not want our users to see this pop-up, not even once. Is there some way to suppress it?

Screen Shot 2017-01-23 at 11.07.41 AM.jpg

Best Answer

Answers

• jeffslim
    jeffslim Posts: 3

Hi, I'm running TV 12 and my registry does not have that entry at all, but I also want to suppress this popup. Any ideas??? 

• DomLan
    DomLan Posts: 490 ⭐Star⭐

Hi @jeffslim,

Have you tried adding the voice manually? Via right mouse button

2017-05-02_19-13-48.png

Hope this help

Regards

Domenico Langone

MCSD: App Builder

• jeffslim

I think the AutoStartGUI key set to 0 worked for me! So that's the solution for version 12 if you guys have that!

• jeffslim

Me again ... I have to push TeamViewer out to maybe 50 computers; is there a script I can run to write this registry change? 

• jsimmens
    jsimmens Posts: 1
    Located in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TeamViewer\VersionX

Value 1 = Show

Value 0 = Don’t show

So, for version 12 we would write

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TeamViewer]

"12"=dword:00000000

• THis works fine for a PC but how do I do the same for a Mac? Why doesn't clearing the 'Don't show this dialog again' tick box achieve the desired result? It didn't work in TV11 either!

• uy
    uy Posts: 1

How do you suppress the popup on a Mac? This solution seems very Windows/PC based.

• bb81
    bb81 Posts: 4 ✭✭

For Teamview 15, here's how you suppress it:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TeamViewer]

"HostInfoDialog"=dword:00000000

Works good for Group Policy / GPO as well.

• sparkymac
    sparkymac Posts: 3 ✭✭

Hi

Do you have a fix for suppressing on Mac?

• Shane72
    Shane72 Posts: 1

The "fix" of editing the registry does work but this has been going on since at least 2017 and now it's 2020, ver. 15 and it's still an issue? Why not just do away with the check box if you have no intention of ever making it functional? When deploying to numerous machines it would be super-nice if you didn''t have to go through and edit every registry. Can't this be implemented in the software?

• rikkybess
    rikkybess Posts: 1

Hi, 

You need to write a key to the Team Viewer plist to suppress the dialogue box.

You can add the below line in a script or run it as sudo (admin account) in terminal

/usr/bin/defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.teamviewer.teamviewer.preferences.plist UnattendedAccessWizardShown -integer 1

or use custom settings within your MDM to deploy the below-managed key.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    <key>UnattendedAccessWizardShown</key>
    <integer>1</integer>
    </dict>
    </plist>

Credit to the below blog for the custom host module script;
    https://aporlebeke.wordpress.com/2019/07/02/deploying-custom-teamviewer-host-module-with-premium-license-on-macos/

Thanks
    Rikky

• jwingstrom2
    jwingstrom2 Posts: 1

For us, this works on macOS Big Sur to suppress the "Information" popup dialog box:

/usr/bin/defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.teamviewer.teamviewer.preferences.plist HostInfoDialog -integer 0