Switch sides with partner - Please bring it back

The feature that allowed one to 'switch sides with partner' seems to have disappeared in v14 & v15.  Like many others here, I am using T.V. to help my aging parents as their 'tech support'.  The 'switch sides' feature was tremendously helpful, for reasons too numerous to bore this audience with.  

Hey there TeamViewer peeps!!

Please bring the 'switch sides' feature back? It is very much missed!!

Thanks, Jeff

Tagged:

Comments

• Natascha
    Natascha Posts: 1,591 Moderator

Hi Jeff, 

Thank you for your post.

As you can see in this comment from our Community Manager Esther, we removed the switch sides functionality for the free version. 

Thank you for your understanding. If there are any further questions, do not hesitate to contact us again. :)

All the best,
    Natascha

German Community moderator 💙 Moderatorin der deutschsprachigen Community

• so i have the paid version and i can't find the switch sides button. 

and it would be very helpful 

i'm training some of my team and allowing them to see my screen as I work through training with them would be oh so amazing. (used to be there looked for it and its gone)

Matt Swann

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 896 Senior Moderator

Hello @BLACKSWANN8 

Thank you for your post.

First make sure you are signed in to your licensed account prior to the connection. 

Once verified, in a licensed connection you can find Switch Sides With Partner in the Communicate tab

2020-03-06 10_50_58-Window.png

Here are some articles that can assist with both the Windows and MacOS TeamViewer remote control toolbars as well!
    TeamViewer Remote Control Toolbar (Windows) | TeamViewer Remote Control Toolbar (MacOS)

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

• ajandekelefant
    ajandekelefant Posts: 1

Is this available with TeamViewer Remote Access if the other person has free version?

• Steevan
    Steevan Posts: 1

Hi, I have a licensed account, am always signed in, and I can see the icon, but it is greyed out and not available to click.

This is such a great feature of TV, and really making support difficult without it working.

• JenW
    JenW Posts: 945 Moderator

Hi @Steevan,

Welcome to the TeamViewer Community! 🌍

Is the icon greyed out for a connection with only one device or any devices?

The first step we advise you to take would be to check out a specific setting on the remote device.

Once you have access to the Advanced settings:

1. Go to Advanced settings for connections to this computer.
    2. Set up Custom settings in Access Control and click on Configure...
    3. For the option Change sides allowed, select Allowed.
    4. Click on OK to save the changes.

Let us know if this could help you! 🙂

Best,

Jen

Modératrice Communauté Francophone 💌 French Community Moderator