TEAMVIEWER 12 keeps crashing

Lance
Lance Posts: 6 ✭✭

Teamviewer keeps crashing. I think this is one of the worst versions out. Honestly regret upgrading to this version.

Ok so I have 3 machines both assigned to my account and everytime I connect remotely I keep getting disconnected. Sites internet is working fine and so is mine.

W10 machine connecting to a W10 machine or a W7 machine. I am having to keep connecting multiple times just so that I can finish my work. This is really frustrating.

Comments

• bartlanz
    bartlanz Posts: 315 ✭✭✭

Are all three machines located at the same site, or are they at three different sites. Ie your at home, another pc is at your office, and the last one is at another office? Or you are at home, and the other two pc's are at the office?

If my post was helpful, Please throw me a Kudos.
    If my post fixed your issue, please mark it as the solution to help the next person find a solution quickly.
    Bart Lanzillotti
  • Lance

Hi.

One pc is at the office remotely connecting to the other 3 pc's. 4 pc's in total. The other 3 pc's are located within one business site. Each of the 3 pc's are connected to the internet like the office pc.

I can connect to any other site fine if they are not using TV12. If a site using TV12 I get very unstable connections.

• bartlanz
    bartlanz Posts: 315 ✭✭✭
    Are all four computers running the same version of TeamViewer? Is it the latest build?
    If my post was helpful, Please throw me a Kudos.
    If my post fixed your issue, please mark it as the solution to help the next person find a solution quickly.
    Bart Lanzillotti
  • Lance

Hi.

Yes all PC's are on the same full version being 12.0.78313.

Thanks,

Lance

• Lance

I am still waiting on a solution to this.

Please advise.

• Suddenly today, my TeamViewer keeps crashing immediatly upon starting it up. I have uninstalled using IOBit Uninstaller and re-installed. I have tried TeamViewer portable - with the same results - crashing upon startup. Portable version works fine in Safe Mode. So... what could be the culprit causing the failure?  I did run Malwarebytes scan to make sure my system was totally clean - it is. There appears to be no action coming from the creators on this thread.

• I ran TeamViewer 12 Portable in Compatibility Mode (Windows XP SP2) and it did NOT crash. This may have to be my workaround until a suitable solution is found.

• WORKAROUND: Run TV12 in Compatibility Mode (WinXP SP2) - it works just fine - no crashing.

• I have constant crashes of TeamViewer, so I tried to debug it and found, that debugger tries to load Abbyy Lingvo dlls (installed on my system).

I decided to unload Lingvo from memory, and then tried TeamViewer again, it started OK.

In my case Lingvo put some hooks on app, so it could be the root cause of the problem.

• For me problem gone when I have unloaded Lingvo translator from memory.

Looks like some Lingvo hooks cause crash.

• Maybe there some other application (just like Lingvo in my case) conflicts with TeamViewer

You may (just for a test) try to intstall TeamViewer on a clean Windows Virtual Machine